Chapter 2

(Hello everyone!
I'm back with another chapter inspired by another fanart!
≧ω≦
Pokemon is not mine, the art is not mine either! Respect to the awesome artist
ฅ'ω'ฅ
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Green had known Red for a long time now. He remembered when he first met the quiet and elusive boy. He was very interested in him, not because he was famous or something like that but because he had seen how calm the wild Pokemon were around him. It had surprised him to see wild Pokemon act so tame and so gentle unlike what he had read before. His siblings and grandpa had refused to believe him in the beginning only to be flabbergasted later on.

Flashback:

An eight year old Green had heard his Dad chuckle when he had noticed his staring. He had followed his Dad out of boredom and curiosity that day to the mysterious orchard as his classmate liked to call it. The orchard was very vast and had many fruit trees ranging from six different oranges to seven different apples, four different grapes and seven different berries. It was basically what people would call a fruit lover's heaven, the orchard smelt of ripe fruit at the end of each season.

Blue nudged him, "I see, he caught your interest Green. Do you want to say hello?"

Green hesitated a bit, "I don't know Dad.. He looks quite happy playing by himself and the Pokemon."

Blue pushed him forward huffing, "Just go and talk to him kid. It will take some time to finalize the contract anyway. You will be bored out of your mind."

Blue had wanted to make a contract between the Oaks and the Ketchums after noticing the high quality berries and fruits they sold and grew. It would be better to feed the Pokemon the locally grown food than waiting for supplies from outside. Mew knows they got charged with ridiculous amounts everytime they tried to order anything beyond Viridian City. Blue understood delivery service could be very high but for sanity's sake. It was fruit, they were ordering, not gold or diamond or some evolution stones. Green had approached the quiet boy while his Dad had gone inside.

Green cleared his throat catching the boy's attention, "Hi! I'm Green. Do you want to play?"

Red had looked up at Green bewildered and surprised by the greeting. He certainly had not expected the green eyed kid he saw in his class to approach him. Green thought the other boy looked really cute with that confused yet happy expression. The Pokemon were simply watching them before they decided the new human was not a threat to Red. The two were lost in their own world as they observed each other.

Pokemon pov:

Spearow chirped, -Should we let him this close?-

Mankey huffed, -Red does not seem to mind.-

Oddish grumbled, -If he tries to hurt Red we can always shoo him away-

Butterfree gave them a strict look, -He's just a kid, you know?-

Weedle was the sensible one among them, -Why don't we observe them first?-

Venonat agreed with his friend, -Yeah, it would be good for Red to have human friends.-

Pidgey cooed softly, -I agree he does not seem that bad.-

Ditto happily moved, -A friend of Red is our friend too.-

Pokemon pov end!

Red answered unsure and in a soft voice, "I am Red. Nice to meet you and sure, we can."

Green squealed inside, 'Ah! He's really cute. No, stay cool, Green, stat cool. Do not scare him off.'

Green, "That would be awesome Red."