𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

“Thank you!” I called.

Hatsume Mei. A pretty...bizarre teenage girl. She had made quite the impression when we were first introduced, practically knocking me out when she was testing some kind of tool for a student when Power Loader was showing me everything. By now, I’d learned to duck before you walk by Mei’s workspace.

The drilling ceased for a moment. “Y/n!” Mei called. “Could you do me a favor and pass up that box of screws? I’m getting so close!”

“Sure!” I said, extending my arm up as she leaned over the ladder. It wobbled, making me grab it and steady it as she sat back up.

“Thanks a bundle!”

My reply was cut off by her already beginning once more. I shook my head, slipping towards the back. I grabbed the stool and pulled it up to the elevated table, flicking the lamp on as I did. I looked down at the dreaded chip.

I hadn’t even made a dent yet. There was so much encasing on it that it would take a while before I could even get to the actual chip itself. I sighed and slipped my earbuds in, pressing play on my phone before picking up my tools.

If I had been asked to do this before I knew anything, I’d probably look at you as if you were the lowest-level idiot in the history of the world. Had I not studied science and technology the most, I would know squat about any of this. And it seems that this world didn’t either.

As I worked further, I could understand why.

Hours passed by. Power Loader would occasionally come back to check on me, placing snacks and drinks beside my table. Mei came back twice, to grab a tool and then return it a few moments later. It was only when I felt something hit me in the back of the head did I stop. And that was only because the hot pen in my hand burned my fingers. I fumbled to remove my earbuds.

“OW! Shit! Mei! What are you--”

“I’m not Mei,”

I turned around sharply. “Bakugou? What are you doing in here?”

“Do you know what time it is?” He asked, quirking a brow.

“Like...one or two?” I said, returning the quirked brow.

“Wrong,” He said, placing the nut onto a table. “Try almost 11.”

“What?” I exclaimed, picking my phone up. “I didn’t even realize.”

“Have you even left?” He asked, looking at my desk, the wrappers that were piled up there. I turned back around, folding my legs under me as I started working again.

“Yeah.”

“For what? You weren’t at lunch.”

The grin that spread on my lips was hidden from his view. He noticed. Cute.

“To use the bathroom, duh.”

“Jesus fucking--let’s go,” He sighed.

“You can go,” I said, making him peer around my shoulder. “I know it's past your bedtime, Bakugou. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight. You can have your room back.”

“No, because you won’t even leave here,” He said. “Don’t make me drag you out of here.”

“Look, I appreciate the concern, it’s cute, but I’m busy. I’m really close to getting this done. I swear, I’ll go to bed. Just let me do this,” I sighed. Bakugou didn’t say anything, and I heard his footsteps retreating. I assume he left.

That was until another stool was set beside me, and the blonde planted himself there. I turned my head to look at him, blinking stupidly.

“Bakugou. What are you doing?”

He grabbed a random screw and twirled it around his fingers. “Waiting on you. And why are you still calling me Bakugou?”

“Because...it’s...your name?” I said.

“I call you by your given name,” He said. “Call me by mine.”

“Okay, whatever, weirdo,” I laughed, rolling my eyes. “And you don’t have to wait on me. I know you’re tired. You guys went out and trained some today, didn’t you? Why don’t you go to bed, Katsuki?”

“Just shut up,” He said, placing his chin on his arms.

I just figured this was Bakugou’s way of saying he wanted to be in my company. And I didn’t mind. He wasn’t being pissy, and he was rather calm, so I didn’t care that he was here. He ended up picking my phone up, entering my password before scrolling through the array of games on the device. I didn’t question how he knew my password; he’d been on my phone multiple times before, and I eventually got tired of always unlocking it, so I just showed him the pin.

“Holy fuck,” I whispered, my eyes widening when the case cracked.

“‘D you burn yourself again?” Bakugou muttered, referring to the time before.

“No...Katsuki…” I said. “Katsuki, look!”

“What? What am I looking at?” He said, I pointed to the words imprinted on the casing. “‘Tonho Industries’? What’s so important about that? It’s the brand.”

“Katsuki,” I said, turning my head to look at him. “Have you ever heard of Tonho Industries?”

“No? I don’t care about shit like that,” He said, still tapping away at the game. I groaned and snatched my phone from his hands. “Hey--!”

Katsuki!” I exclaimed. “You haven’t heard of Tonho Industries because it doesn’t exist. Not in this world.”

“Wait, so you mean--?”

“Tonho Industries is the biggest technological manufacturing company in my world,” I said, a frown tugging on my lips.

“So this chip was made in your world?” Bakugou asked.

“Yeah,” I said. “And by the largest industry in Japan.”

Bakugou suddenly frowned, looking at me seriously.

“Then how the hell did it get here?”

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝚐𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎
1335 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜