So Close

Dawn and I are friends, I come by her house sometimes when she has a girl sleepover or just hang out. The boys have taken a liking to you, some of them really really Iiked you.
The school dance was coming up and Dawn was going with Mae and you planned to hang with them. Dicky and Ricky found dates and Nicky was going with a girl who asked him.

At the dance,  you were wearing a beautiful f/c knee-length dress that flowed when you spun.

"You look amazing! " Dawn and Mae complimented.
Mae had a poka dot dress and Dawn wore a long pink dress.
You proceed to dance together with the upbeat songs and chatted during the slow songs.

You excused yourself from the conversation to get some punch. Near the stand, there were tables and chairs to rest on. There were a few people sitting there,  ones who were catching their breath and getting off their feet, and those who don't have partners. I took gulps of my punch before seeing someone from the corner of my eye.  A boy in a white dress shirt with a green tie and nice black pants was sitting on one of the chairs looking sad.

I walked closer to see more of his features. 

"Nicky?" He quickly wiped his face and cleared his throat.

"Hey, Y/n." He said barely looking at me.

"Come on." I said while holding my hand out.

He hesitates before I go and grab his hand.
He stands up and I led him to the dance floor.
"Okay." I said letting go of his hand.

'Perfect by Ed Sheerhan' played while Nicky stands there awkwardly.

I grab both of his wrists and lead them to my waist. He kept them there but was still unsure. 
I put my arms on his shoulders. 

I giggled.

"A little closer."

He shuffles closer.

"A little more." "I won't bite."

He moves even closer.

"Great....now just, sway to the music. Feel the rhythm and just.." He starts swaying to the beat.
"There you go."
He finally looks into my eyes. The dimple on his cheek appears as his lips curl into a smile.
You spent the rest of the night with him.

"Can I ask you something? If you don't want to tell me, that's okay..."
"Yeah......" he says, already having a feeling of what you were about to ask.
"I thought that you were going with someone, what happened?"
"Well that's what I thought too, she just came up to me  and asked, I barely knew her and she blew me off for some other guy."
" I don't know ... I'm kinda glad it happened.."
"Why's that?"
"I'm dancing with the most beautiful girl in the school."
"Oh.." I stammer. "..no, I-I'm not."
He stops swaying.
"Y/n, ever since I met you, I thought that you were the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. It makes it even better that you are such a kind and caring person. I'm happy that you're my sister’s friend.  But I- I like you, like really REALLY like you."
You giggle at him stuttering.

"You're sweet." "Then you should know that out of all of Dawn's brothers,  you're my favorite. "
His ears turned red, his smile somehow grows bigger and brighter.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, you’re smart, funny, and you are an amazing chef, especially desserts."
"Well, you should hangout with me sometime, I can show you how to cook, I can make anything you like."
"I would love to."
"I can help you learn how to make f/f and f/d.."
"That's my favorite."
"I-I know. "

Dawn and Mae were concerned about where you had gone. They searched through the crowd and they finally saw you and Nicky dancing together.
"Mae, look I found her."
"Doesn’t Nicky have a crush on her?"
"Yeah, he wouldn't let me tell her."
They kept watching the two of you, you were talking and smiling.
"They look so happy. "
"Isn't it weird that your friend and your brother like each other?"

"Eh, not really. I honestly ship it."

Nicky and I kept talking about different subjects, it was nice spending time with him because I'm usually caught up with Dawn. I never realized how sweet he is.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, we have one more song for tonight." The dj announced.

We danced and chatted through the song and when it ended, everyone began to gather their things and head home.

"May I take you home, m'lady?" Nicky asked.

"Why, how kind of you young sir." You played along with him.

When you gotten to your front door Nicky said, "Thank you for being my maiden in a shiny f/c dress."

You giggled.
"My pleasure."

Before you entered your home, you gave him a kiss on his dimple, and said your farewells before closing the door.

He did a little victory dance, before his pink face rushed home.