To Hurt and Heal : I

"Royal entitlement is a complicated institution. When the subjects use them to address the ruler it is prestigious, when a royal from another state uses it, it satisfies one's ego but when a family member ventures into the task it turns out to be insulting or rather hurtful . Is n't it? "

Draupadi began, her gaze turned unfocused on anything in particular, as if trying to foresee into the future.

He could only nod in agreement, his posture giving the impression that each word was heard with great concentration and infused into his brain as a piece of valuable knowledge .

The young man thought of praying another apology to the Queen however he was intelligent enough to understand that it was not wanted from him at least not in the present moment.

He could not be very much comfortable within the atmosphere that the richly decorated chamber had assumed or rather the direction their talk was heading to. The thought that if he had been a trifle bit more careful of his words to his Kakishri this could have been averted kept revolving in his head.

Now Draupadi landed her gaze on the boy's face, her pupils turned still expecting an answer from his mouth.

"I cannot disagree Kakishri but nothing seems to be simple in the way of royals anyways" he replied easing down his stiff posture by a minor degree.

"Then how and when did you adopt to such complications, Putra ?"

This time the fireborn's question did not sound like a question at all . It felt like it's answer was already known but her face reflected mock curiosity with a glint of amusement that made her perfectly arched eyebrows slightly upturned.

"I never did" came his stock reply as he shrugged his shoulders.

"So does that not make you a royal ?"

There was no denying to the question. Only if he could really understand where he belonged it could be a short and simple answer but he did n't.

He rocked his head from one side to another then looked up and started "Some rules are not too hard to bend Kakishri "

"It does not come under a rule at all."

"Some are just traditions which need to be followed because our ancestors did that too . But we must asses them wisely and not blindly continue the values which ring hollow at their core."

Her face lost all traces of its former amusement and turned into a grave expression because she was reminded of someone who chose his strict vows and values above her but more importantly above humanity and responsibility.

"Don't values and traditions go hand in hand ?" He asked, his voice turned unsure.

"They do as the thunderstorm follows the rain that is frequent but not always. However the relation between humanity and values is like the rain and the clouds without the one there cannot be the other." She replied.

"That does not sound very convincing "His fair face flashing up in an unseen anger or grief it can't be confirmed .

____________________________________

To be continued