𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE BAD BATCH WAS LED AWAY FROM OMEGA, whose tiny hand was wrapped in lama su's. the girl's eyes followed her new friends as they started their descent into the detention area. her eyes worriedly flicked to the ship, which was temporarily home to vana's lightsabers. omega made sure she hid them in a safe enough place so when the havoc marauder was searched, they wouldn't find the weapons. all she could do was hope.

______

hunter didn't much appreciate being in handcuffs and being forced to walk down a hallway. he gave omega a passing glance, his eyes reassuring her. he walked with his brothers, entering an elevator, which would carry them down to the detention area. he wasn't looking forward to that.

as they reached the detention level, hunter's eyes scanned the cells for vana; she wouldn't be hard to miss. his eyes finally rested on her, observing the tired nature of her body. they were led to the cell next to hers, shoved inside, and then the guards left. they all looked to vana, a ray shield separating them.

"vana!" a harsh whisper filled vana's ears as she turned to the side, seeing the bad batch. she offered them a tired smile, leaning back against the wall.

"looks like you found me, again." she chuckled. the bad batch was glad to see vana, but hunter noticed something on the side of her face. his brow scrunched up, and his lips pursed.

"what happened?" hunter asked, his eyes meeting back with vana's. she shrugged, turning her eyes away from them.

"it's nothing."

"it's not. you've got a bruise on the side of your face, and your lip is bleeding." hunter pointed out. vana hadn't noticed her lip bleeding earlier, but it was a consequence of the punch she suffered.

"they used a different method to get information out of me, that's all." she exhaled. she avoided eye contact with hunter, but he could tell that she was bothered by what they did to her. the way her eyes avoided his own, the way she wasn't as confident as she was when they met up with her, and most obviously, the tear stains on her face.

"so they punched you?" echo inquired, his eyes filled with worry for the former jedi general. vana inhaled a shaky breath.

"yes, they did. i didn't give them what they wanted,  but there's no doubt they'll be back for more." silence filled both cells. hunter didn't know what to think, other than how dare they. echo looked on in anger. he knew vana before the war ended, how strong of a hand she held in battle, and how she came toe to toe with some of the worst separatist generals. seeing her broken like this broke him, and echo didn't think he could break any further.

"besides that, why'd you come back?" she changed the subject, finally meeting hunter's eyes.

"we...surrendered." tech offered up. his answer widened vana's eyes; she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"you what?"

"look, it's all a part of a plan we have. getting you and crosshair out." hunter kept his voice down, hoping none of the guards heard him.

"where's omega?" vana demanded, fully facing them now.

"she, uh, went back with the kaminoans."

"hunter, i swear-"

"we'll get her back too i promise. it's on her now." hunter promised her and himself. he was concerned that omega would get caught, and some horrible punishment would be bestowed upon her. he didn't want her to end up where they were, forever.

vana sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. she couldn't believe they had come up with such a reckless plan to rescue her and crosshair, but she guessed she couldn't be too angry. it wasn't like she hadn't had her fair share of reckless plans.

"i don't like this plan,"

"don't have to. it's all we've got."

_______

OMEGA found her way into her old room. pictures she had drawn hung on the walls, and toys still littered the floor. other than that, it was still a grey color with an eerie white glow to it; she didn't enjoy her time in here. but, looking on the bright side, omega knew she needed time to herself to sort out her part of the plan. she needed to find and talk to crosshair if he'd let her.

she opened her door and peeked her head out. she looked up and down the hall, making sure no kamioans or tarkin was wondering about. when the coast was clear, the little blonde girl scurried out and into the direction of the bad batch's old quarters.

upon arrival, she hesitated to knock. what if wasn't in there? what if he wasn't alone? she shook her head and knocked anyway, stepping back. there was a moment where no one answered, so she knocked again. omega knew if she kept persisting and someone was in there, they'd eventually answer. after another silence, she reached up to knock again, but the door opened this time. crosshair stood at the threshold, looking her up and down.

"what do you want?" he snapped. omega swallowed, but she stood her ground and stood tall.

"i need to talk to you," she stated confidently. her words earned a sarcastic chuckle from crosshair.

"you think i want to talk to you? because i don't." he went to shut the door.

"it's about your friends!" she called, hoping that he'd give her a chance. he removed his hands from the control panel and narrowed his eyes at her.

"what, friends?"

"hunter, echo, wrecker, and tech." she listed off. "they're here for you, crosshair. they came back for you." she was desperate to get into his head just enough to get him to hear her out.

crosshair looked at her, his expression softening. as much as his brain told him not to, he remembered them. their time as cadets, where even though the regs bullied them, they had each other. they never left each other behind. the fact that they came back for him, if omega was right, struck a nerve.

"they're in the detention center in the cell next to vana," she explained. omega assumed he knew who vana was, so she didn't explain any further. she then left, hurrying back to her room. crosshair watched as she did so and retreated into his room, to which he sat on his bed. he put his head in his hands and sighed; he couldn't fight this — whatever this was — alone.

_______
AHHHH LONG TIME LOL. here's another chapter for you guys and i hope you enjoy! if dave filoni won't give us crosshair content then i will, so, here's conflicted crosshair 🥰