𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

NOTE — some dialogue in this chapter might be off but pls ignore that thanks :)

_______

THE GALAXY HAD CHANGED; everyone was adapting to it. there were no more jedi, and if there were, they were in hiding. the galaxy was under the control of the empire. order 66 was issued, and many lives were suffering because of it, a nightmare coming to life.

the bad batch were left confused. they had absolutely no idea what was happening and why the little jedi ran from them. none of it made sense. why would clones fire upon their own jedi generals? the same ones that cared for them? hunter found himself running through all of the different possibilities in his head, but none made sense.

hunter hoped that in going back to kamino he'd find some answers. his eyes darted around the glowing white corridors, seeing clones and when they were asked about what happened, an answer wasn't given. tech even had a hard time figuring out what happened at first; he didn't know why they weren't affected.

after a while, it was concluded that the clones were programmed and that the bad batch, because of their mutations, were not affected. well, there was at least one oddball. crosshair had been acting strange ever since the order was given, and this didn't go unnoticed by hunter. he even asked what was wrong with him, and crosshair fired back with the same question.

———

they were stuck in the hangar bay. the bad batch, well more like hunter, wanted to go back for omega, a clone just like themselves, who was on kamino. she intrigued hunter, so, he decided to take her with them. but, crosshair was in the way.

"crosshair, what are you doing?" hunter asked as he stood up. he was confused, still, but one thing was clear: crosshair was trying to kill them.

"my job," after that it was a blur. weapons firing, men shouting. it was a mess. the bad batch got onto their ship, omega in tow. the door latched and they were off. the silence that filled that ship was most certainly an uncomfortable one, but the sorrows of one of their own falling to the empire were heavy. the chests of everyone in that ship were heavy laden, and they weren't even sure what to do about it.

"where do we go now?" echo asked as he took a seat. he saw his brothers fall, and seeing another fall hurt him. he wondered what happened to fives. he didn't see him with general skywalker when they came to rescue him. did he just not come? whatever it was, fives was definitely gone by now.

"i may have somewhere," the blonde girl spoke in a thick accent, but she sounded full of hope.

"where?" hunter asked as they took off of the platform.

"i have a friend in the outer rim. she's not too fond of visitors, but hopefully since you're with me she won't be too upset." omega explained. hunter shrugged and turned back to face the viewport. how did omega know this other woman? hunter thought she'd never been outside of kamino.

"i dunno, kid. that seems risky."

"she's fine, i promise."

_________
ok so first chapter, yes it's kinda rushed but the wheels get going soon so hang on. also, i know the dialogue is off between crosshair and hunter but just ignore that pls. anyways, enjoy!