𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Your soulmate is from our world, aren't they?" Todoroki asked suddenly. I looked at him, shifting my eyes to the space where Bakugou used to sit.

"Y-Yeah," I said softly. "I... didn't ever expect to find him. Now that I have...if I'm being honest...I don't think we could get along."

And it was true. Bakugou and I were just too different. I could tell just in the short amount of time I've seen him. He seemed disinterested in me. Like he couldn't care that I was even here. I would be lying if I said it didn't strike a chord in my chest, and that it didn't bother me, because it did.

"Listen," Kirishima said. "Bakugou's just a hard guy until you get to know him. I'm certain he'll come around soon enough. He's just...very wary. A lot of stuff has happened to him."

"I understand," I said, looking down at my hands. "It's just..."

"Hard?" Uraraka asked, peering at me with a kind smile. "We know."

"It may not seem like it," Said Kirishima. "But Bakugou's been just as hopeless. We could all see it. After all, he's the only one who hadn't met his soulmate either."

"We could all see it was taking a toll on him," Mina said. "But since you've come around, he seems a little more light-hearted."

"It's hard to see, but he does care that you're here," Deku said.

"Thanks, you guys," I said.

...

The air was chilly. Not so cold that I was shivering, but just cold enough for me to wear a jacket outside. The rest of Class 1-A was inside, laughing it up and having fun. I'd been part of it for a while, but I just needed to take a moment for myself.

It was still taking time for me to adjust to everything. I wasn't used to anything. And not to mention my head was killing me. I'd had it since I'd woken up, and it had come and gone throughout the night. I figured some fresh air would help.

At the sound of the wooden boards creaking, I looked over to see Bakugou leaning on the rail beside me. I was surprised to see him there. The others said he'd already gone to bed, despite it only being about 8:30 or so. He was wearing a tank top, letting the chilly air nip at his arms as he rested his forearms on the banister, leaning his weight forward.

"Hey," He said quietly.

"Hey yourself," I said. He turned his head away from the gates, meeting my gaze.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Why?" I muttered. Bakugou stood up.

"You're sweating. Are you hot or something?" He said.

"No, I'm actually kind of cold," I mumbled. Bakugou frowned, reaching forward to put his forearm to my head.

"Shit," He said, pulling his arm back. "You're burning up. You need to go to Recovery Girl."

"I-I'm sure it's fine," I said, shaking my head. "It's probably just the effects of being here. I didn't expect to come unfazed, you know."

"It's not okay," He said. "Go."

"I promise I'll be fine, Bakugou," I said, leaning against the railing. He side-eyed me as he returned to his original spot, casting his eyes away.

"Take your jacket off. You need to let your body cool down."

I sighed. I did as he said, neatly draping it over the white banister. He didn't say anything else, and I didn't have anything to talk about with him. Any other time, I would have excused myself and left, but I stayed. Bakugou had come out here for a reason.

"My family was glad to know you actually existed," I said, making him look over at me. "Maybe you can meet them one day. I'm sure they'll be happy."

Bakugou didn't say anything. I sighed. I excused myself and went to walk back inside when he called out my name.

"I don't hate you, so don't think that alright?" He said, his head barely turned towards me. "I just...--"

"I get it, Bakugou," I said. "It's a lot. I'll be here for the next few days. Take your time. I found you, so I'm in no rush now."

I smiled as Bakugou turned to face me. His shoulders seemed to relax.

"Where are you staying?" He asked.

"I don't know. M-Maybe with Uraraka...or Mina..."

Bakugou walked forward, grabbing my wrist as he opened the door. I followed after him in confusion, allowing him to lead me. We walked past the rest of the students, towards an elevator.

"B-Bakugou, what are you doing?" I asked as he pressed the button for the third floor.

"You can stay in my room. I'll sleep with Shitty Hair," He mumbled.

"W-What? No, Bakugou, I'll stay with someone. I don't want to take your room," I protested as the doors opened, and he pulled me after him.

"Shut up," He grunted, walking down the hall. "I know you aren't comfortable enough to stay with any of them."

"N-No, b-but--"

"I don't care for you to sleep here," He muttered, opening a door with his name labeled on it.

His room was fairly neat. He had a queen-sized bed with black and red sheets, a wooden desk near the window, two dressers, a TV with a game system hooked up, and a PC set in the opposite side. The door to his closet was partially opened, and there were posters on his walls. Some were for bands, and a few were for All Might.

Bakugou closed the door behind him, letting go of my wrist as he walked to the closet. I looked around, my coat draped over my arms.

"A-Are you sure? I don't want to--"

"Will you just shut up?" He said, glancing at me as he opened the closet doors. "I said it was fine, so quit it."

I shifted in my spot. I looked down, realizing that I'd left my bag downstairs. Before I could say anything to Bakugou about getting it, he was throwing something at me. I pulled the object from my face, looking at the shirt and the shorts he'd just thrown at me.

"Wear those. Shower's in there," He said, walking back to me as he held his hand out. "Phone."

I slipped it from my pocket, unlocking it before handing it to him in confusion. He did something before tossing it on the bed. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I'll be two rooms to the left. Need anything, call me," He said.

"W-Wait, Bakugou," I called, making him pause in the door.

"What?"

"Th-Thank you."

He glanced at me before giving a short nod, leaving the room without another word.

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝚐𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎
1583 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜