𝟛𝟝 - ℝ𝕖𝕞, ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖

Start from the beginning

"Just leave." Remus interrupted Ophelia this time, but refused to look at her nevertheless.

"No." Ophelia's voice didn't waver this time.

"Go."

"I'm not going Rem."

"PLEASE GO." Remus yelled.

"I can't. Please just look at me." Ophelia answered calmly, deep down she knew that Remus wouldn't ever mean to yell. It just wasn't in his nature. Slowly, Remus lifted his head up until his chocolate eyes met the glassy blue eyes of Ophelia. "Hey Rem."

"Can you go now?" Remus pleaded, hoping that maybe if Ophelia walked out those doors they wouldn't have to discuss the inevitable and all would be forgotten. Rather wishful thinking, but it was what he wanted.

"Rem, please."

"Stop saying please." Remus groaned, growing frustrated that Ophelia wouldn't leave even if a part of him wanted her to stay.

"Why?"

"I don't deserve the politeness."

"And why's that?"

"Because I said so." His words hung in the air alone for a few moments, like both of them were waiting for the other to speak first. That's when Ophelia decided she couldn't take it much longer.

"Because you're a werewolf you mean?" The tears that Remus had hoped were gone, resurfaced onto Ophelia's eyes. That was when Remus realised this was the first time he had seen Ophelia cry. A usually bubbly girl who cared more about others than herself was crying because she saw Remus for what he truly was. A monster.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Don't lie to me." A single tear slipped down Ophelia's cheek, and for once she didn't hesitate to let it continue to fall.

"So you want the truth?" Remus spoke firmly, his voice raising with each word. "I'm a monster! A beast! A disgrace to society!" Remus shouted, he didn't want to shout but it just continued to happpen.

"You're not, Rem." A second tear fell. "You're really not."

"Please go." Remus could no longer hold any eye contact with Ophelia. Seeing those eyes that would make him smile each day look so broken because of him was too much to handle. Instead he focused on his own hands, a painting of grey and white lines drawn by the monster that was a part of him.  Now, more than ever, they stood out to him more like a warning not to let anyone in.

"Remus John Lupin, I'm not going anywhere." Ophelia wiped away the tears that laid rest on her cheek, deciding to forget about her own emotions and instead focus on Remus. When Remus didn't lift his head or answer her, Ophelia took a seat on the edge of his bed. "I feel like I've said please more times than I have my entire life." She chuckled, hoping it would raise some sort of reaction from Remus. "But Rem, please. Let me in." As a final attempt to gain Remus' attention, Ophelia took ahold of one of Remus' hands in her own before letting the tears fall once more.

"Why are you crying Fi?" Remus' voice sounded tired and hoarse. "You're saying goodbye aren't you?"

"For goodness sake Rem, no I'm not."

"Oh."

"I'm crying because you're such a fool." Ophelia began to wave her hands around, placing them on her head then pulling them away in frustration. "You're a damn fucking fool Remus Lupin." She spoke through her teeth whilst still biting on to her lip, praying that they wouldn't start bleeding due to the force. "You are such a fool for thinking you're a-a monster, merlin I hate that word. You're not one, ok?"