1. Lord Have Mercy

Warning: Mentions child pornography.

.

.

It was easy. Too easy that I had to double check this wasn't a trap. That I didn't unknowingly walk into a situation I couldn't get myself out of. But everything checked out, and it was safe, so I continued on, extracting his financial information.

He had posted an ad on Craigslist asking for help in repairing a computer infected with a virus, rendering it useless. He was adamant about not giving his money to businesses, citing that he wanted to support individuals trying to make a living. The amount he offered to pay was undervaluing my services but I took the job anyway because it was quick and easy cash, and there was no way I could refuse such an offer.

At first, I thought he was a well-meaning customer but I started to become suspicious when he wanted to bring the computer to my place, rather than I come over to his. That was the first red flag and I should've stopped there but me being nosy, I continued on, wanting to know what he was hiding. I'd never let someone—let alone a stranger—into my flat because I've got things to hide as well. So after much back and forth, he finally agreed that I come to his place. He wasn't thrilled; you could tell by his tone and I wasn't either if I'm being honest. Of course I looked forward to going to a stranger's house. I just hope I don't get killed!

He's not a serial killer, if you were wondering. He's much worse than that but I'll go into detail later. I don't go to a stranger's house willingly nor do I go in blind. Not before doing research on the person and making sure it's safe, but the internet can only tell you so much. You see—humans crave interaction and companionship, yet they're still very private people. The internet will only tell me what he wants me to know. Everything else he'll keep within, like his dark secrets.

Jim Dawson works for Deloitte, a worldwide accounting firm with its headquarters in London, England. But of course, he's working at the location in downtown Seattle. He's been at the company for ten years and has moved up to a respectable position. His LinkedIn profile and socials didn't reveal anything alarming so I figured it was safe to see him. Though I did let Bondy know where I was going, and if I didn't make it back, it was Jim who did it.

"You've officially lost it," Bondy stated when I handed him all the information I had on Jim. He skimmed through the pages and I couldn't tell if he was impressed or terrified. It was probably the latter. "Lord have mercy on the next lass you fancy."

"Fuck off!" I fought back but I knew he was right.

I have the tendency to obsess over things. I become fixated until I get what I want, and once I get it, I'll get bored and move onto the next thing. He's right. Have mercy on the next lass I fancy.

I was brought back to the most recent lass I chased a couple months back. She was new as I've never seen her before and she was bloody gorgeous. She could be a model but instead, she was sat at the front desk greeting people as they came in for work. She worked as an administrative assistant doing clerical work and I'd watch from afar, too shy to talk to her. So typical me looked her up to see what I could find instead of talking to her like any normal person would.

The more I learned about her, the less I fancied her. She had income on the side but never publicly stated what it was she did. And then one day I figured it out and I wasn't too happy about it.

She worked as a cam girl. She never showed her face but I recognized the rose tattoo on the inside of her left wrist. You'd think I wouldn't mind, that it's every guy's fantasy, but I didn't like the idea of her selling her body in exchange for money. I prefer women who hold themselves higher than that. Now I can't look at her without picturing her masturbating.