Chapter Thirteen

(contains some poorly written smut)

Clementine's P.O.V

This plant? No. This flower?

I shake my head to myself as I place the orchid back on the shelf. After packing a few bags and putting them in the car, I decided to make a pit stop at the florists. I wanted to buy a house plant for Bucky's apartment. The roses Zemo sent sat on my passenger seat, a note tucked it to the side.

I couldn't decide if I wanted orchids or a spider plant. Typical.

I huff walking towards the counter a blue orchid resting in my hands, just as I reach the counter I spot some green leaves poking out of one of the shelves. Placing the orchid, I grab the label attached to the leafy tree on the shelf.

"Plum Tree" I smile, grabbing the pot and hugging it close to my chest. I'm sure Bucky loves plums.

I continue to browse through the bunches of flowers neatly displayed around the small shop, the florals scents almost too overwhelming. I smile to myself as I brush my fingers against the petals of a sunflower, a surge of happiness flows through me, reminding me why I loved them so much. The bouquet was a mix of sunflowers and white lilies, stems wrapped in a beautiful white bow.

"How can I help you?" The elderly lady asked from behind the counter, I jump slightly at her sudden appearance. I smile widely at her placing the tree on the counter before grabbing the sunflower bouquet and sliding it next to the plum tree "I'll take these please" she nods her head, tapping away on her screen.

"No problem sugar" she mumbles, adding a gold bow around the bottom of the pot. She glances over the gold rim of her glasses at me, her eyes taking in my face. "That'll be 42 dollars sugar" she states, crossing her arms over her chest as I dig out my card. I pay for the small tree and give the lady a wave "thank you!" I call back at her as I close the door behind me, tree hugged against my chest, and bouquet tucked under my arm.

Just one more stop before Brooklyn.

..

"Hey Nat"

I inhale deeply, glancing around the quiet cemetery before sliding down to my knees. My chest tightens as I rest the sunflowers and lilies down next to her headstone, running my fingers down the sentimental engravings "god I miss you, I wish you were here" I breathe out tucking my hair behind my ears.

"I guess I owe you twenty dollars. You always said that Bucky Barnes had a soft spot for me, even as The Winter Soldier, you said you could see it in the way he looked at me, I guess you were right" I ramble, hoping somehow she was sitting here with me. "You're always right" I state giggling to myself. "I don't know how Sam and survive without you and Steve keeping us in check. You know we can be a handful when we're together, always messing around. I wish you and Steve could see Sam and Bucky now, they've come so far Nat. I'm so proud of them, you would be too. They're all I've got now, they're my family." I sniffle, tilting my head back to look at the sky, forcing my tears away.

I sat there in silence for a little while longer allowing myself to truly grieve and miss her. I press a kiss against the tips of my fingers before pressing them against her headstone, just above her name "I love you, Nat." I push myself back up to my feet, staring down at the grave for a moment before wrapping my arms around myself and heading back to my car.

......................

"Where are you, Dove?"

Bucky asks through the speakers of my car. Butterflies flutter around my stomach as I try to stay focused on the road. Both hands on the wheel Clem.