Chapter 10

Coyote Life 

Ch. 10

Luna's P.O.V.

It was starting to rain and I was walking towards Peter's apartment when I saw Derek and Braeden show up in his car.

“Get in the car Luna.” Derek said once he rolled the window down.

“No.” I told him and started to walk off only to hear a door open and then shut. Derek got out of his car and tugged on my arm, I quickly turned to him and yanked my arm out of his grasp.

“What did I do to make you hate me?”

“You lied to me.” I told him.

“About what? What did I lie about?”

“The fire.”

“So what, I didn't tell you about the fire. It wasn't important to tell you.” I just looked at him and scoffed before turning back around and started to walk away.

“Where you going?” He yelled out to me. I sighed and turned to look back at him,

“Peter's” I bluntly told him.

“Why do you trust him so much?” I didn't answer at first I just stood there shivering.

“Because he's the only one that hasn't lied to me.”

“That's rich, Peter lies to everyone.” Derek told me.

“He hasn't to me. Derek you guys made him sound like he was the bad guys, a monster.”

“He is. He murdered people Luna! Why can't you get that through that thick skull of yours?”

“He murdered those people for his family Derek, our family. That was caused by what you did.” I said. Derek just looked confused about something.

“What?” I asked him, he looked at me and it looked like he was trying to figure something out.

“What do you mean our family?” He finally asked. I looked at him wide eyed and then I fully realized my mistake.

“I wasn't supposed to tell you that. Oh, he's going to kill me for this.” I mumbled out then ran towards Peter's ignoring Derek's calls behind me.

Once I got to Peter's I knocked on the door. I waited a few moments and I was being paranoid and kept looking behind me. Peter finally answered his door,

“What are you doing here?” He asked me.

“Well, I got multiple reasons and you're not going to like one of them.” I told him. He stood up straight and looked at me.

“And what reasons are those?”

“Well, 1.) I got cornered by Derek and he made me mad. 2.) I-” I didn't get to tell him the second one because his phone rang. Peter took his phone off the little stand he has by his door and looked at the caller I.D. just to see Derek calling him. He looked confused, which him and Derek have the exact facial features, then a look of realization appears on his face.

“You didn't?” He asked. I shrunk back a little,

“It just slipped, he got me mad. You know I don't do well under pressure.” He growled a little and grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me into his apartment. I stiffened and stopped in place.

“What is it now?” Peter asked.

“Derek's here, he's on the second floor.” I told him. Peter growled again and sat me down on his couch. I heard Derek pound on his door, Peter went over opened his door and let Derek and Braeden through.

“Okay, you two have some serious explaining to do.” Derek said first.

“On one condition,” Peter says.

“She goes.” Peter and I say in unison.

“You sure about that? I mean the last time we were alone in the same place is when I slit your throat open.” Derek said.

“And the last time I checked you were no longer a werewolf.” I smirked and that got both of Peter's and Derek's attention.

“How do you know about that?” Derek asked.

“You need to make sure that little girlfriend of yours to keep her trap shut.” I said. Derek looked towards her and she was speechless.

“Wait outside.” He told her. She let out a breath and walked out. “You two going to explain anything?”

Peter sighed and I just walked towards a table that Peter has by his windows. Peter started to explain and Derek interrupted in the middle,

“Is that why you defend him? Because he's your biological father?”

“I defend him because he hasn't lied to me and ever since I found out I was a Hale he's been teaching me control.”

“I thought Scott was teaching you control?” I scoffed at him.

“Scott's been teaching me to stay human. Humanity and control aren't the same thing.” I looked at Derek in the eyes, “You guys made him sound so much like a monster, but don't you see Derek? We're the monsters.” I told him looking down. Derek's eyes soften,

“Not all monsters do monstrous things.” I looked back up to him and flash my blue eyes.

“Well, as much as I like these bonding moments. Luna and I have somewhere to be.” Peter said sarcastically, he grabbed the back of my neck and we got into his car and went to the sewers. Peter went down first using the ladder, and once he fully reached the bottom I just jumped down the hole and landed beside him. He gave me a look and muttered,

“Show off” I just smiled and we walked half way through and we heard some splashing. Peter turned around and saw Kate walking towards us.

“You look nervous” Kate said.

“Not nervous, just rattled” Peter said “I don't like things to be rattled.” Kate looked at him.

"You want to bail on the plan?" Kate asked.

“No,” Peter stopped at a small leak and held his hand out “Not when I'm this close to killing Scott McCall.” He said and slammed his hand shut.

“Is this an updated version of the dead pool?” I asked and Kate looked at me and nodded. I looked through the lists to see that mine and Derek's name were not on there.

“Where's mine and Derek's name?” Peter came over and pointed to the key word box.

'Derek and Luna'

I looked to the other lists and saw the key words. 'Allison' list one, 'Aiden' list two. I was thinking about all this,

“This doesn't make sense,” I turned to face Kate and Peter, “The first two lists the key words are from people who are dead.”

“You got to know that the dead pool was created by a banshee.” Kate told me.

“Okay so banshees predict death, the first two, dead, the last one, two people who aren't dead,” I looked at Peter “But will be.” I came to realization. Peter's eyes soften and I started to get real angry, but before I could do anything my vision goes black.