Chapter 3

After Nakiri Erina stomped her way out of the exam, me and the red head had our heads low while making our way out of the school.

I didn't got in...

I felt myself frown at what just happened. Just when I thought I could finally have a new step ahead in being a professional chef. I felt a gush of frustration starting to overwhelm me as I thought why. Could it be just I lacked more hard work? Confidence? If then, there's no time for sulking. I need to step up or else nothing will change.

But waking up to reality, my mind got swarmed by the alarming presence of a red head walking beside me. Not like before, I put up a distance of less than two meters.

Come on (y/n)! Socialize!

Looking down on the ground away from his direction, I tried opening my mouth.

But it closed.

Who would've known it was this hard to start a conversation especially with a boy. I sweat dropped at my failed attempt of talking, making myself even more sadder after what happened earlier.

I noticed how the red head was having an awkward time as he took in the quietness of the atmosphere. Seeing his bright yellow orbs switch back and forth my sinking figure, I got nervous even more. Finally shifting the awkward presence, he opened his mouth.

"You're an interesting one." The red head seemed to mutter, but I heard it.

I instinctively blinked as well as blushed at the compliment. I slowly shifted my eyes beside me as I once again saw he was already looking at me with a small smile. I muttered a small 'Huh?' as he gave me a closed eyed smile and soon spoke.

"My name's Souma, Yukihira Souma." Finally showing me his bright yellow eyes, another growing heat on my cheeks was felt as I took in his effort to introduce himself with a smile like that. Aren't I too quiet to be talked with? "I must say, your dish back there was delicious. Really! Not to mention, the stunning color of it." He said, resting an arm on his hip.

I stared at him with awe at how he really did liked my dish. Of course, at this I was flattered. Puffing up my warm cheeks at the tingling feeling I felt.

"Thank you..." I finally muttered. The red head heard it.

Noticing his reaction to my reply, his whole face lit up after realizing for the first time of me speaking to him.

"My name is (l/n) (y/n)." I said, looking down on the interesting ground as we still we're slowly walking.

"Well nice to meet you, (l/n)." He said as he grinned, holding out his hand towards me. I jumped a bit at the friendly approach as I told myself this is a good sign of a well start of friendship. I honestly could not believe at the moment for I didn't had a single male friend before. My heart raced at the thought of a good start of something as I slowly accepted his handshake. No eye contact was made at that moment.

Yukihira chuckled, breaking the handshake.

"You really looked down earlier." He started, looking down at me with a soft face which slowly turned into an inflated one. "That examiner was a real bummer. She should've saw how her body reacted to the dishes we served her."

I quietly giggled at his animated actions. "It was indeed something." I softly said. Yukihira nodded rapidly at this.

"What is the 'God's Tongue' anyway?" He asked as he frowned at the title.

He continued rambling giving me the space I need as he didn't mind me speaking so little. It was comforting at how he didn't just brush me off after introducing ourselves. I smiled at the moment.

**********

///\\\

-Third Person POV-

\\\///

Souma clearly noticed how quiet the (h/c) haired girl was. The fact that she stood two meters away from him back at the exam made him sweat drop. Suddenly thinking if he had scared her. Or just merely wasn't a fan of interacting with other people.

He got his answer when she shyly talked to the ginger haired girl. He thought it was interesting how she didn't give up taking the exam with the fact that the others just fled away. This made him smile at the (h/c)-nette.

When he finally saw the shining dish she made, it blew him at how perfectly made it was. He thought about how would the ginger head could have failed her when he had a taste of (y/n)'s dish. He was so sure she would have passed but instead, two fails was given.

Is her 'God's Tongue' really that picky?

He thought.

But though, he would live up to tasting the (h/c) haired girl's dish again.

She was a real quiet one but he's not complaining. He didn't mind talking over and over as he accompanied the (h/c)-nette, she was a good listener. He knew for sure how she looked down at the failed exam. He too was devastated.

Looking at the her, he took in her appearance of (h/l) (h/c) hair and a pair of (e/c) eyes which we're all over the place. He sweat dropped as he once again tried calming her down with a thumbs up, allowing him to smile as well towards the (h/c) head. He saw how her features softened.

He was amused at how sensitive she was but chuckled at her little cute reactions.

Soon enough, he waved goodbye at the girl while saying something to himself

"I sure hope we'll meet again soon."

Walking away, he felt himself smile at the interaction forgetting about the failed exam they just got.

A tall old man stood in front of the (l/n) household, waiting for the door to open. He thought about letting another person deliver what he had to at the moment. It was out of nervousness. Just when he anticipated to leave, the household door opened revealing a (h/c) haired woman. The old man stared, but soon his face softened.

"Isumi..." He called out.

The woman gasped at the person on her door. She didn't thought he would just appear right here and just call out her name. She felt baffled as a sudden nervousness washed over her. This was one hell of a unexpected day, she thought before receiving something from him.

"Nice to finally meet you, sir." Just like her daughter, she had her mouth in a thin line after that.

A swept of (h/c) locks can be seen in her own bedroom as she held her pen as well as an open notebook on her desk. It contained learned recipes and her own random ones. She was having a eureka moment as she randomly thought of a new ingredient adding to a dish. She soon snapped when she heard her mother's voice calling out to her. Closing her notebook, she scrammed out of her room.

At the end of the stairs stood her mother, reading a paper in hand. (Y/n) tilted her head at this.

"You're invited to Totsuki."

She would have never known how her eyes lit up when she heard it. A new lighting hope grew inside her.

While a certain red head was excited as he thought about meeting the (h/c)-nette once again.

He was so sure she had been invited, thinking how she was a one interesting of a chef.

**********

Author's Note:

I almost suffered.

I wrote an earlier version of this and saw how it suddenly disappeared. Luckily only a brief few of paragraphs had been removed.

Wattpad, you had me flippin early in the morning you son of a b-

Anyways, thank you for reading as always. Greatly appreciate the reads. I hope you liking this so far. Excuse my errors, would appreciate the help.

Be safe!

-mika