C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ 2̶

"Prepare for battle."

"What are you talking about?" I ask. He walks away and says as his back is turned to me, "Gather the soldiers, we are going into battle, tomorrow afternoon." That wasn't anything I haven't heard before, I don't know why I felt sick about it now. Maybe it was that I'm still shaken about Ella. I decided to check on her and order to be brought to the hospital.

When I get there she's laying in a bed, I hate to see her this way. When I get closer to the bed she opens her eyes and looked over at me.

"All they had to do was hit me hard enough with a bat. Those bitches." I laughed, barely anything rattles Ella and if something does she always manages to make a joke out of it.

"We are finally going to end this madness. The final battle, tomorrow." I say, she looks at my and closes her eyes.
"It was Jackson." she finally says

"What?"

"He did this to me." I clench my jaw and lift up her sleeve.

"After he knocked me out he did this." She traces her finger along the cut shaped as an Q with a line through it (). The same symbol on the piece of paper.

"He'll be dead by dawn." I say and hug her. I leave the hospital furious, but I can't really say much, I've killed all his friends and everyone he cares about that are not his parents or brother. Henry Carlucci, if I could I would torture that man. He's the one who killed my mom. But he's spoiled dirty by his parents way more than Jackson.

I'm heading back from the hospital and it starts to rain again. I hear his voice again in my head and I hate it. I can't wait to end him I think throughout the silent car ride. The rain pattering on the window and the fading music from the radio in the front of the car.

I am greeted by two maids who take my rain jacket and hand me a note.

"Your father wanted me to give this to you miss." one says. I open the note and read it.

𝑁𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤. 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡 𝐸𝑙𝑙𝑎, 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑓 𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐽𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑐𝑖 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑓 𝑛𝑜𝑡. 𝐷𝑜 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟.
..............................................................................................................................
I crumple the note up and hand it to the maid.

"Alright" I whisper and head to my bedroom.
..............................................................................................................................

𝑇𝑦𝑠𝑚 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔!