s3 e13: "for however long you and our babies need"

Start from the beginning

"you can't keep thinking like that, sweetheart. i know you're scared and i know you've already been through so much throughout this pregnancy but i need you to stay strong, they need us to stay strong. please, don't wander into that world of what-ifs until arizona tells us something. please"

☁︎☁︎☁︎

WEEK FOURTEEN:

"𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬?" jackson called out, smirking at the sound of a disgruntled groan he got in response from the other side of the bedroom door. upon slowly pushing it open, he immediately made eye contact with the source of the noise laying with her head propped up on one hand and the other kneading her lower back.

"what're you doing in bed it's only..... seven pm"

"i'm. tired." she huffed as she pushed herself up from her laying position. "i'm always tired. it's because i don't sleep anymore. because it's all tight, socks are tight, towels are tight, pants are tight, tight tight tight tight tight" jackson, having learnt to just let her rant about her newfound day-to-day struggles, simply grabbed the bottle of fruit scented lotion kelsey left on her nightstand and slipped behind her, lifting her shirt to her breast before taking a pump into his hand and smoothing it over the swollen area.

"and freaking alex booted me from my own surgery today, said i 'need to be taking care of myself and should be resting and hydrating and getting my nutrients blehhhh'"

"he's not wrong, you know"

"he's not wrong, you know" she mocked in a low-pitched voice, looking back to smirk at him before leaning against his chest with a heavy sigh, letting him pepper light kisses down the side of her jaw.

"anything i can do?"

"pull out next time" she quipped, letting out an airy chuckle as jackson let out one of his own against her skin. "i look like a whale"

"a gorgeous whale"

"so you agree? i look like a whale"

"no, not like—of course you don't look like a whale i was just saying—because you said you looked like a whale and i was just trying to—" he stammered under her glare.

"yeah, yeah. exactly. just keep massaging avery" he let out a defeated sigh and smirked, taking another dime-sized pump into his palm.

"you know.....at your next appointment.....we get to find out the sex of the babies"

"i don't wanna find out"

"what? come on, you know i can't wait four more months to find out what we're having. plus we still need to pick out names, i want them to have names when they're born"

"okay. alright, fine, whatchu got?"

"well, can we name them after me?"

"what?"

"no, really—look. if they're both boys, we'll have jackson junior and jackson the third"

"jackson shut up"

"you don't like that?"

"YOU don't even like that"