“Oh, nonsense! I’ve just been so excited and last night, I was looking at some nice locations we could do the wedding. I found a wonderful place near Draco’s flat - a hotel that has a gorgeous wedding hall. I looked into the schedule and I managed to set up a date for next week.”

Hermione’s eyes widened as she gulped hard on the drink. “You, uh …” She set the cup down as she swallowed hard. “You already booked a reservation?”

“I hope you don’t mind, Hermione. I just, I want to make this wedding perfect for you and Draco. And I just feel so terrible for the way I treated you, I thought I’d make it up to you by planning the wedding. I’m just as great at planning weddings as I plan parties - you have nothing to worry about. Your wedding is in good hands,” Narcissa winked with a smile, holding Hermione’s cold hands with her warm ones. “Oh, honey, your hands are so cold!”

Hermione forced a grin as she awkwardly nodded. “Uhm, I really do appreciate everything you’re doing for us. B, but it would be nice if you could let Draco and I discuss some things and plan our wedding at our own pace. We were thinking maybe a few months later to get married. We have so much time, I don’t think we should be rushing into this. Marriage is an important milestone in one’s life and I think Draco and I should decide when to do it and where to do it.” She said as politely as possible.

“I’m so sorry, I was just trying to help.”

“I know, and I really appreciate it but I think I need some time to think about all of this.”

“Think about the marriage? Why, you don’t want to marry my son anymore?” Narcissa asked with a cold gaze.

Hermione opened her mouth to protest but stopped herself as she stared at Narcissa. “I - I don’t … it’s happening all too fast. We’re still getting to know each other and marriage was never --” She heard her door unlock and Draco walked in.

“Mother!”

“Draco,” Narcissa greeted her son with delight.

“Draco,” Hermione whispered with relief as she stood up from her seat. For the first time all morning, she was actually glad he showed up.

“Mother, what are you doing?” He asked over, stepping in front of Hermione, pushing her behind him. “What do you want?”

“I just wanted to start planning the wedding with Hermione, here.”

“No, mother, we appreciate your blessing but we’re in no hurry to get married. I thought we already told you we were pushing this wedding for later.”

“But I insist you do it soon - the sooner, the better.” Narcissa snapped back with a deadly glare.

“Well, we don’t need your help. We’re perfectly capable of planning our own wedding when we decide to do so.” Draco hissed back, staring his mother down.

“I already booked a reservation --”

“We can just cancel the reservation, simple as that.”