Chapter 1

Harry was walking down the familiar hallways behind Dumbledore. He felt melancholic seeing the castle unchanged and not a pile of rubble. He vowed to never let that occur this time. Stopping at the great hall, Dumbledore pushed the tall doors open with a loud thump, gaining everyone's attention. Harry gazed onward to see all the students staring at his now smaller form. Being savior of the wizarding world, the attention was something he was used to, but this time it wasn't for his status. Murmurs surrounded him as people turned and gossiped, guessing who he was. Dumbledore cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention.

"Hello students, we have a unique case amongst us. We have a transfer student joining 5th year. This is Harry Peverell, he shall be sorted momentarily." With that, Harry was ushered forwards to the front of the hall. The whispering grew in volume, people were confused why he was suddenly joining, and purebloods were curious by his last name.

"Hey, that was the boy from earlier!" James whisper yelled to Sirius. Sirius turned and looked carefully with squinted eyes before they widened in momentary surprise.

"Wow, you're right Prongs, he looks just like you! Except his eyes, those look somewhat familiar..." Sirius trailed off. Peter looked at the boy curiously as he ate slightly messily, while Remus just hummed noncommittedly. Remus agreed, he looked a lot like James and suddenly appeared in front of him out of nowhere. Curious, wasn't it?

Harry steeled himself, momentarily blank in expression and sat on the stool which popped into existence. He forced himself not to look around at somewhat familiar faces of adults, now in their youth. Calmly on the stool, the hat was placed by a younger McGonagall. He would have to get used to the young faces; McGonagall had brown hair!

'Ah, Harry Peverell, or should I say Potter?' Harry gave a nervous chuckle but outwardly didn't respond much.

'Yes, here I am, again... Please don't put me in Slytherin. It wouldn't turn out well," he pleaded in his mind. That hat grunted in acknowledgement.

'You showed incredible bravery during that timeline, let's hope you can use it to fix this one. To do that you better be...'

"GRYFFINDOR" the hat shouted out. Harry sighed, absolutely relieved, 6and took off the hat. The gold and scarlet red crested robes suddenly appeared on his figure, and with a reassuring smile from McGonagall he headed to the Gryffindor table. The said table was screaming cheers, happy to get the mysterious student they knew nothing about. Harry smiled; Gryffindor has always been a welcoming home to him, even now. With a grateful grin, he seated himself purposely next to the Marauders.

"Hey, James Potter, right? The headmaster informed me you helped save me. Thank you for that, I probably would've died." His young father stared at him for a moment without response. It was like looking into a mirror! With the messy raven hair and similar bone structure, this boy was like a twin! Though, perhaps a bit smaller; he seemed quite short for his age. Harry on the other hand was trying to hold back flinging himself into his father's arms. But he couldn't tell him; at least not yet. Perhaps in the future...?

"It's not a problem, Peverell, was it? Just doing what is right," he managed after regaining his manners. The boy gave him a soft look.

"I'm still thankful though," the mysterious wizard responded. James looked at the boy curiously.

"I don't mean to be rude," Harry vaguely heard his mother snort down the table," But what happened? Why are you transferring now? Why were you so injured?" Harry became slightly uncomfortable, fidgeting in his seat with his head down. "I- I'm sorry, you don't have to answer..." James added seeing the downcast expression. Harry gave a small accepting sigh and faced him.