"You could be feeling that because I'm immortal...Because I'm purebloods typically compel people," he comments, seeming to come to his own sense also, looking forward again.

I swallow. "Maybe."

Cian gets to his feet, giving me a lasting look before he backs up toward the doorway. "You should get some sleep."

"Goodnight Cian," I whisper, even though I'm fully aware I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

***

It took me an hour to find enough courage to leave my room.

Part of me expects Cian to emerge from his room and demand to know where I'm heading. Thankfully he doesn't, as I pick my way downstairs, keeping my footsteps as light as possible. I wouldn't be able to explain to him how I'm feeling...

One the lowest level of Sinful's home, I find an expansive indoor pool. With no one in sight, I sneak into the warm room, likely heated by magic, hoping some silence and a quick dip in the pool will wash away all my thoughts. Stripping down into my camisole and underwear, I glide into the water, letting my head fall under the surface of the delightfully warm water.

When I reemerge, a figure is standing at the edge of the pool, staring down at me."A wonderful night for it, isn't it?"

I gasp, letting the tips of my feet touch the ground of the pool. Sinful hasn't changed since I last saw him, and looks just as frightful as before. His lavender eyes gleam as he looks down at me, and for a moment I consider yelling out for Cian to help me. As far as I'm aware, Sinful isn't going to hurt me, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to proceed with caution.

"You have a beautiful home," I say through a rushed breath.

"It must be strange, being a mortal in this realm." Sinful crouches, his voice like a seductive melody, the smile on his face hiding many secrets.

"It is, but I'm happy to help Cian," I shrug, not daring to wade to the edge of the pool. The closer I stand to Sinful, the more my head becomes cloudy, the less everything seems to make sense. I have no doubt I'm more vulnerable to his powers being mortal.

He tilts his head, dark hair like silk in the way it rains down his temples. "Why is that?"

"Because whether I like it or not, I'm wrapped up in this, and there is no way out of this unless it ends," I explain warily, unsure of why he is so fascinated by this subject of conversation. I have a feeling he was waiting for a moment where I would be without Lev or Cian at my side to quiz me.

"Do you trust him?"

"I haven't decided yet," I reply honestly. "What's with all the questions?"

"I just doubt there would be many mortals brave enough to do all this, when they don't know what the outcome will be," Sinful shrugs. I scowl. How typical it would be of an immortal to assume that all mortals are useless and unimportant. I wonder if he has been whispering that in Cian's ear, telling him that he should ditch me and leave me for Stace and Noah to deal with.

"Maybe..." I draw off. I'm not sure what he wants me to admit to. Of course I'm terrified, and have doubts, but there is no other option than me to trust Cian to keep myself and Lev safe.

Sinful licks his lower lip. "Leven is in love with you."

"I know."

"And you don't love him."

"I love him like a friend," I retort. Sinful wasn't asking that like a question, he was telling me that he is very aware of how I feel about Lev. As Lust, I imagine he can sense things of that nature. "I just don't want to ruin our friendship. Do you know all this because you're Lust?"

"Can I divulge a theory to you?" He asks, once again dismissing the last topic talked about. I roll my eyes, unsure if I want to hear this or not. "About you and Cian."

Finally, after too long wading in the pool, I swim over to the side, bracing myself on the edge, mere inches away from Sinful, who is grinning, as usual. "I suppose."

"Cian lost his bond to his mate very recently," he remembers. My heart sinks hearing that, hating everything about it. I doubt Sinful cares, as a mated man, and will likely have no issue being crass about it. "I have a theory you may have had a mate, who has unfortunately passed away."

I try not to let dread seep through me. "What would make you think that?"

"Because the Moon pairs people together who lose their mates..." he says slowly, waiting for his words to click in my mind. I blink, sorting them through, avoiding the one conclusion that I can tell he is hinting at, as accepting that is a world-ending thought.

"Wait, you're not thinking what I think you are...right?" I'm basically pleading at this point, because if anyone were to know, it would be him.

His eyes glitter magically. "I believe you and Cian are mates."

🤍••🤍

If you guys are interested in reading more content from HIS SIN, you can find it now on Radish over ten chapters ahead!! (:

🎇••🎇

Stace now has his own story! Right now you can find it on Radish AND on Wattpad

🐼••🐼

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼