Pain heals but scars remain

Start from the beginning

We were now in the road when Gray asked. "Give me your address."

"123 Sesame Street.." I replied lamely.

"Where is that?" She asked while her eyes are still on the road.

"Outerspace..."

I felt Dawn's hand in my arms squeezing it lightly. "C'mon Lorraine, let us take you home."

"It's a house not a home.." I said weakly.

"Then let us take you to your house." There's something in Dawn's voice that makes me give in. I tell them my address.

After twenty minutes, we finally reached my place. I noticed the two exchanging weird stares. Rich kids!!

My apartment is within a crowded area. I kinda noticed the grimace expression on Gray's face before she make a poker face. She unbuckled her seatbelt and i did as well. As i was about to go out of her car, Dawn held a grip in my arms.

"Wh-what?" I asked. She just motioned Gray to go out first. It's still raining hard but it wasn't a reason for my neighbors to stop gawking at the expensive car of Gray Lendramar.

"Hey, you don't to walk me in my door." I stopped Gray. Tsk, is she really planning to do that? Didn't she sees the men drinking nearby?

Before i could stop her, she already slid out of the car and opened the trunk. She picks out an umbrella and opened the door of the backseat. I heard my no-manners neighbors whistling and drooling at the couple. I just rolled my eyes.

"This neighborhood ain't safe." I heard Gray muttered under her breath. Dawn simply squeezed her girlfriend's arms to silent her. Good choice, Dawn.

I reached for my apartment keys in my jeans' pocket. I frowned when i noticed that it was padlock. I was about to rant when my landlady suddenly appeared.

"You haven't paid your rent that's why i put a padlock on it. Better pay first so i would take it off!" She says while eyeing Gray and Dawn suspiciously. I frown on her.

"That's impossible! My mom is paying you monthly for this!!" I yelled.

"I haven't received any!" She yelled back.

Mrs. Tanhman look behind me as if she's looking for someone. "Where's Ken?" She asked curiously as if she's having business with that woman.

"Holy crap!"

I looked towards Gray's direction when she cursed loudly and pat her forehead as if she found out something. She then pulled out her wallet and took money which she handed to my landlady. Why is she doing that?

Before i could take back the money, my landlady has already slipped it in her pocket. She immediately unlocked the padlocks and opened my apartment. After she did that, she looked at me with this knowing grin. "You really know how to use your beauty, hija! Tsk.tsk. I can't believe you dumped Ken. But now you have another to cover up your financial needs."

I just stare at her for a couple of seconds before it registered in my mind. Ken's paying my rent? . I immediately grabbed Mrs.Tanhman's collar. Her fat figure was startled but she just gave me a dirty look.

"W-what d-do you mean?" I asked straight-faced. The smirked on her face makes me want to punch her ugly face.

"Don't act as if you don't know." She said dryly. "She had been doing that for two years since the day you failed to pay me. Even your monthly allowance comes from her. She just told me to hand it to you and say that it comes from your mother."