"I love you" || Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

Back at the dance, the couple where stood silent amongst the crowds, too in tune with different thoughts to say anything to one another. Until a thought collided. Moon couldn't have picked out a better time to ask him. To finally know why it was so hard for Eli to let go of Alex, even if he made it out to appear easy.

Moon finally broke the thick air, clearing her voice just enough so it could be heard from over the large crowd formed. "Eli?" She questioned.

And even with his busy mind, he still felt the need and courage to answer "Oh what now Moon?" He scoffed, digging both clenched fists into his deep pockets as if it were the only way to relieve a sort of stress.

"Do you love her?" She asked, her voice now low and harder to hear. Her only thought being that she wanted to help the two. Even though he was in the wrong, she felt she had no right to make a friendship fit for a future burn into ruins when she could be helping it instead. She and many other could clearly see the connection and she wasn't just going to choose to ignore it.

"What?" Hawk heard her the first time but his mind caused a havoc, not aiming to form a stringed answer to only say the first word that came to mind. 'What' being the only word to buy some time.

"Do you love Alex, Eli?" She repeated, catching the first glimpse of his full blue eyes the first time that night, as he searched now for the 'right answer' in her features that gave nothing as such away.

"She was my best friend! How could I answer that?" He exaggerated, trying to make the rhetorical question seem somehow believable to the extent where the brown haired girl would drop the subject. He was wrong.

The statement only caught to her attention more, finally clearing away most of the foreseeing dust to find his real truth. "Did you deny it?" Moon asked, smiling a little as she say how his face soon changed as the realisation dawned slowly.

"No..." He sounded confused. Knowing very well where this would get him to and he didn't know whether to finally except those feelings for definite or hide them away once more like he hadn't realised them so soon before. He had considered the fate, yes, feeling it as soon as he was in the near perimeter of you but had never fully admitted it to the current day, especially to somebody else.

Moon teared a little at the sight of the red head finally coming to terms with his feelings as she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Well there's your answer."

He loved her. So so much. And he knew fully well that if he would have not been so stupid and not learnt to hide away these exact emotions he'd been looking for in the past, things wouldn't be so tricky in the present. "I'm sorry." He felt guilty towards the girl in front of him, after everything he had done she was the one to loose out on something. But with the way she tilted her head and the small glimpse caught in her gaze, he could tell she would be just fine.

"It's okay Hawk. i'm glad you've finally realised." Moon was genuinely happy for him, a ray of sunshine casted amongst her as she felt like she had truly felt like she helped a friend. As long as he was happy, Moon was happy too.

"You knew?" He smiled, wide eyed as she chuckled audibly.

"Hmmm, well I had my suspicions." She winked, grabbing a more than likely spiked drink off the nearest floating tray before she narrowed her eyes slightly to appear a little more serious. "Can i be honest?"

"Yes"

"You should tell her." She admitted, as the flashing lights gathered to a soft blue around the four cornered room.

"I cant, she hates me." He huffed, wiping the little beads of nervous sweat that seamed to gather at the top of his forehead.

She laughed at the boy feeling sorry for himself. "Her agreeing to dance with you doesn't sound at all like she hates you hawk. Trust your instinct! Right now, Your instinct being me, so go find her and tell her." She shouted over the gathering dance floor as people started the flood the gap between them.

Eli nodded, steeping backwards into people as he felt his heart lead onwards with everything else following. "Okay!" He shouted over the sea of heads. "Thank you!"

The silhouette of you had travelled no more than a mile, too cold and bothered to walk any faster than to drag your feet. So it was easy for Eli to spot you amongst the falling rain, shouting to grasp your diffused attention. "Alex wait!" He ran, catching up to your side without a hesitant bone in his body.

You sighed, his eyes burning at the side of your cool face as if to talk his own words and tell you to look his way. Even though you did anything but. "Eli if your going to make up some bullshit excuse about why on earth you'd even think of messing with my feelings after everything weve fucking been through i don't want to listen." It was true. You'd had enough. After everything he'd put you through you couldn't keep going along for when it was best for him to be friends and when not to be. It was impossible. And you could never imagine anything working out if things where just going to carry on acting out in the same way.

"No i can explain, i can please." He felt the ache in his heart murmur at your words. He felt that if you could just give him a chance to explain you would understand. Explain everything, anything you wanted to know would be in full detail without a thing missing. No more secrets. No more lies. Just the same old Alex and Eli you two had always been used to.

You where tired. "I don't need an explanation from you. You've had too many chances for me not to care anymore, i need you to stop bothering me! Did you know how bad that made me feel. I'm a fucking home wrecker Hawk and you don't seem to even care!" You were shouting now. Shouting in the middle of the pouring night sky, the only ones to hear where the small chirping birds that flew their way by. Happy and free. Anything from what you where feeling at the strangled moment. You picked your pace up a little quicker, aiming to get away from his presence before it was too late to be so stern with yourself. Forcing it against you like it was needed.

"Alex, come on you don't mean that." He started, quickening his pace to match yours

"I wish i didn't Hawk."

"Don't call me that." In all honesty. He loved how you where the only one to call him by his real name. Even Demitri had fought his last breath on the name, now scared of his consequences if he called him anything but Hawk. But you never let his attitude change the way you looked at him or said his name. Well that's until now, everything was downhill.

"You hated me. And i want you to keep hating me or else you'll just make everything even more fucked up than it already seems." You gritted your teeth, holding back any tears that threatened as you had no mean to cry. You where finally doing what you tried to learn to do a few months ago. Say goodbye.

"Alex! Please!" He was at his last straw, clenching his jaw tightly, feeling as if this were his only chance before he ruined everything. You where his everything.

"Please? Please what Eli?" You threw your arms into the air, beating it like the fault was put on the world around. You where frustrated. Why when you where doing the same as he did to you, he was fighting back? If anything, he would have seemed to want this even more than you. But you didn't want it at all, it just seemed to be the better option. The only maybe.

"I love you." He stood. Finally the weight was lifted from his shoulders. The weight he'd been keeping a tighter grip on than any clenched fists could do without even knowing it was there. A haze was the only word to describe the feeling. For not only him but you. As you where trying to let go of the boy you loved the most, he was trying to get you back.

But you couldn't. You couldn't put yourself through it any longer. You where done. "You hurt me too much for those words to mean anything to me anymore, Eli." You let a tear slip, just like him. Ignoring your heart as he followed his. The typical teenage love wasn't portrayed as anything like this. It was somewhat evil of what your thoughts and heart were capable of. But what's done was done. The question was, Was it the right thing to do?

A/N : Sorry for the slow update I have literally been busy ALL week and i'm tired but but i started a really good new wattpad about Michael Langdon 😳 (if you know who that is i love you with my full heart)
ANYWAYS IM SORRY I MADE THEM FIGHT AGAIN I CANT PROMISE THEY WONT IN THE FUTURE BUT LETS JUST HOPE THEY WONT BUT I GOT SOMETHING GOOD FOR NEXT CHAPTER,!:!&:£,!;