And...Fight! || Chapter Seven

'The sun's coming out but I'm feeling colder I can't wait 'til the drought is over'•Cry baby ~ The neighbourhood•

•Cry baby ~ The neighbourhood•

The gargling headache boiled in your head up until the sun had risen for your next day in 'hell'. You had no motivation, no thoughts if that to do anything at all. All you wanted to do was bury your head in the sand and wait for the storm to pass by. But you knew that was seemingly so impossible it was stupid to even think, because at the end of the day, you where the cause of that storm and you wanted to try and fix it.

But you knew one person who could help with absolutely everything, especially with his famous chocolate chip waffles. "Hey sunshine! How was the party?" Your cheery dad exclaims over the loud music that played on the radio as you walked into the cold open planned kitchen.

"Oh yeah ... the party. It was uh great. Just the same old same old you know?" You huff, plonking yourself down on the opposite side of the breakfast table, yawning while you rubbed your bedhead.

"Ugh tell me about it. Some highschool parties at my age where FILLED with Kardashians! Like what is up with that?!" He laughed, a big beaming smile spread across his face as he reminisced about his childhood.

"Kardashians?"

"Oh yeah what i meant by that was fake people. I just thought , you know, saying that would make me a cool dad." He smirks, putting on the coolest accent he could find. Outside, you put on a fake laugh to hide the raging fact you where cringing deeply on the inside and you knew that if you didn't show some sort of amusement he would take offence. "You and the boys aren't like that though. You should start inviting them round again now you're back!"

"Huh uh what?"

"Eli, Demitri, Miguel? Ring any bells? You know the boys you've been best friends with ever since like forever?" He laughs sarcastically, going back to the waffle maker before the batter burnt crisp.

"Oh yeah..."

"Uh oh. That doesn't sound good. What happened?"

"No no it's fine, everyone's fine." You make out, trying to hold back every thought you remembered from the night prior.

"but..."

"But It's just Eli. He's, I don't know, different."

"Different? In what way?"

"Every way. Like Miguel and Demitri were saying how he has a different date every other week! It's just a little weird, he never used to be like that." You admitted just in time for your dad to put a warm waffle on the plate in front of you.

He made his way around to your side of the table, handing you a knife and fork before placing a small kiss on the crown of your head, rubbing your hair slightly. "He'll come around, maybe he's just not in a good frame of mind right now." He reassures.