Brennan's Past Part 2

"Fuck off." I said and walked out of the room. I didn't understand that in the foster system, that's  one way how you could make friends. I sat by a wall and opened up my backpack. I grabbed out a book and started to read. A girl about the age of 5 came over to me. "Hello. My name is Clara. What is your name?" She says curiously. "Nice to meet you, Clara. My name's Temperance. "I say. She gives me a confusing look. "Temer-what?" She says. I smile. "Just call me Tempe." I smile back. She nods and sits down. "I haven't seen you around here. Are you new?" Clara asks. I nod. "Just got here." She nods. "How long have you been here?" I ask. Clara holds up 2 fingers. "Since I was three." She says. I get up and walk to the room I share. The blond stares at me. "Oh look she came back." She said sarcastically. "What is your name?" The brunette says. "Why do you care?" I ask back. "Well if you want to survive in here, you need friends." She said. "My name is Victoria." The brunette said. "Jasmine" the blond called out. "Isabelle" the third one called out. "My name is Temperance." I said. "Well that sounds ugly." I heard one of the mutter. How rude. I never said anything about how she looks like a whore and a skank but I probably should. No way am I going to become their friends.

Two weeks had gone by and I had been forced to wash the sheets and blankets every two days and if I didn't, I'd get slapped. Things hadn't gone to well for me. In the first week I was there, I didn't do the laundry twice in a row and got slapped like twenty times. I had several newly formed bruises on my face and body. I wish I didn't say I hated Russ and I wish my parents had left. Isabelle, Victoria, and Jasmine had also kicked me on several occasions and I had slapped them sometimes. School wasn't going so well either. My grades had started to slip and I didn't really care for what the teachers had to say. I'm very tired of how the turn on my life has affected me. I hope that one day Russ would come back and my parents the same. The group home I was placed in isn't a very good one. Almost everyday kids get bullied by the adults who run this place. Clara is now my only friend and I don't really talk that much to her. She looks up to me as her roll model and I don't see how.

Today was different though. A family came in the home and talked to the lady who owns the place. I was ease dropping on their conversation. "Hello. How may I help you?" The lady who I knew as Ms. Gallanger. "Um we're foster parents and would like to foster a child." The obese woman said. The man nodded. "Can I get your names for future records?" Ms. Gallanger asked. "Yeah sure. I'm David Hifer and this is my wife Angelica Hifer." The obese man said. They best get an obese kid so if they sit on him, it wouldn't hurt that much. "Okay and what age group are you willing to foster?" Gallanger asked. "From the ages of 12-15" Mrs. Hifer replied. "Let me pull out a lust of kids in that age group and you can meet them and see which one you'd like to foster." The owner said. They nodded. A few moments later and Ms. Gallanger had the list and was directing the obese people to a room.