The manager turned his head to see Baili Shangxie hugging his little brother in the corner and it was obvious that he recognized the manager. Originally, he would play with all the humans that Shadows brought to him, whether they were adults or children.

Among his 'toys', the manager was one of the more entertaining people.

If the manager knew what Baili Shangxie was thinking at the moment, it would definitely send him off crying.

However, he was only anxiously racking his brain, wondering why the homebody chairman would appear at the restaurant he was in charge of.

Is he not satisfied with the recent performance of the Emperor Hotel?

The manager shuddered violently when he thought of the punishment that would befall him if the chairman was not satisfied.

He was so absorbed in his thoughts, he did not respond even when Du Sisi had called him twice.

The waiter had never seen the manager in such a nervous state. Is it because the temperature in the private room is too cold?

Why do I feel like the manager's hand is shaking?

"Manager Liu, Manager Liu, the guest is calling you." The waiter reached out and tugged at the manager's sleeve.

The manager regained his senses and instantly stood up straight. Under the gaze of Baili Jie Jue, he spoke to Du Sisi, "I'll prepare the food immediately!"

The sudden humble attitude of the manager made the other students even more convinced by Du Sisi's words, feeling that she was very capable.

Du Sisi was a little surprised herself. Even her uncle, who was far more powerful, would only be able to summon the restaurant manager. Naturally, this was her first time meeting the hotel manager. She had no idea that her uncle's position in the Jue Wei Group was higher than she had expected.

The unexpected turn only made her enjoy the envious eyes around her, which delighted her more. She pointed at the menu with her perfectly manicured red finger and uttered, "Let's order the lobster first since our professor loves lobsters. Li Meng, what do you want to order?" Then, she passed the menu to Li Meng.

The manager wanted to nod and accept the request, but he noticed that the man was wearing a menacing grin and exuding an air of dissatisfaction with his cold eyes.

The manager started to sweat profusely in an instant.

Did I do something wrong?

But these people are Chairman Jue's acquaintances, does he want me to reject their request?

The manager hazarded a guess and said hesitantly, "I'm sorry, madam, but you would need to book the lobster in advance according to our hotel regulations."

Finally... the chairman's gaze finally moved away from me!

It seems that I was right!

Du Sisi did not understand how the manager's attitude could switch so quickly.

The other students were slightly disappointed as well, "Do we really need to book in advance? I thought that since Sisi is coming with us, we could eat the freshest seafood."

Undoubtedly, Du Sisi would not allow her reputation to be tarnished. She shut the menu and politely said, "I've been here before and I've never needed to book in advance. Shouldn't it be the same this time? Since you're the hotel manager, you should know my uncle. His name is Du, and he's in the upper management of Jue Wei Group."

"Du?" When the manager heard the name, he unconsciously glanced at his boss. Isn't Manager Du the one that was banned by Chairman Jue during the company meeting this afternoon?