Year 3: Flames A Light

1184, Blue Sea Moon. Byleth est. age 24 & Dimitri 22.

Finally.

They had finally caught up to Dimitri's trail as it lead them right on what was once part of of the kingdom's territory. Four long years it had taken Seteth and Flayn to find their first solid lead. It had not been easy but some how, some way Seteth had come across the exiled prince's current hiding spot. But they needed to remain cautious despite he and his daughter's excitement as they landed the wyvern onto solid ground. Instantly they were forced to duck, just barely missing the short spear that had been tossed with such skill. "Damn, did you have to teach your students so well!?"thought Seteth as he looked up to see a tall blonde with a fur rimmed cloak.

"Dimitri, stop it's me and my brother!"Flayn called out.

Dimitri was surprised as he stared at his former classmate and her brother which served as Rhea's advisor. He remained guarded as he spoke, "Seteth? Flayn? Have you come to torment and haunt me too now?"he hissed.

"No Dimitri, we are very much alive."Seteth stated as he and Flayn got to their feet, dusting themselves off. Oh boy that spear had been way too close for comfort. It had apparently grazed his arm though...oh how troublesome. Flayn though swiftly healed the scratch and this made Dimitri's eye turn wide in surprise.

"Y-you're both alive."It was more of a statement from the blonde man then a question of disbelief. But he frowned turning serious. "Did the Empire send you?"

"No Dimitri, we are here to help. We know Professor Eisner hasn't been able to wake up."Seteth saw the way Dimitri tensed which confirmed their fears. 

"Please listen! Brother and I can help her, we can get her to wake up!"pleaded Flayn.

That did it.

Dimitri's guard fell at the words, "Help her" echoed in his ears. He relaxed and lowered his spear, some small glimmer of hope breaking through. "She's this way."was all Dimitri said as he turned his back to them. Taking the cue they followed Dimitri over to what seemed to be a small cave hidden away by a waterfall. A fire crackled around a pit of stones away from the spraying water. At the end of it on a bed of furs sound asleep was in fact Byleth. Her features had not aged a bit in all these years. The only difference was her hair was now as long as Rhea's own if not a bit longer, hiding away slightly pointed elfin ears like the ones hidden by Seteth and Flayn's own long hair. If they were right Byleth looked much more like a mix between their tribe and a human however it was subtle. Easy for human eyes to miss if they didn't look hard enough. Seteth looked to Dimitri for permission not wanting to upset the boy.

"Go on, don't just stand there."huffed Dimitri in annoyance.

"This won't take long."assured Seteth.

Swift and strong strides took him straight to the professor's side. Now that he was close enough he could see the faint glow in her hair. But what Dimitri probably didn't see but Flayn did was the amount of either being devoured greedily like a whirlpool around her former teacher. Seteth could see it as well as a faint glow in Byleth's veins was visible only to him and Flayn. They both looked at each other with knowing nods at the silent exchange.

"Well? Out with it."Dimitri finally spoke up.

"Seems I was right. She was hit with magic that damaged more then her body."Seteth began to explain.

Dimitri instantly looked worried and frantic as he roughly grabbed Seteth by the shoulders. "Injured how was she injured!?"

"D-Dimitri please calm down and allow my brother to explain."Flayn said urgently.