IV. | KICK, PUSH

WORD COUNT: 4.7K
TW: cursing, mention of dead relatives.
NOTE: I love Lupe fiasco so much y'all he really just fits the vibe of this story along with wiz khalifa

"BUT SHORTY DIDN'T QUIT,
THERE WAS SOMETHING
IN THE AIR. YEA, HE SAID
IT WAS SOMETHING SO
APPEALING, HE COULDN'T
FIGHT THE FEELING."

— LUPE FIASCO. | KICK, PUSH

___________________________

"Play me."

"What? Play you? You played basketball before?"

He passed the ball to her.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Yuji."

She passed the ball back.

"But, what about our strength difference? I mean, I don't mean it in a bad way! Men are usually stronger than—"

In an instant, the ball that was once in Yuji's hands had been stolen from him while (Y/N) sprinted to the three-point arc and made the basket with perfect accuracy.

Once again, (Y/N) passed the ball to Yuji.

"Don't embarrass me on this court. I'm starting the countdown now. You have 10 minutes to show all of your abilities under your belt and score higher than me. We're starting off 6 - 0, good luck."

The boy's eyes widened as the situation dawned on him. Luckily, he was quick-witted and picked up on what he needed to do in an instant, so he surprised (Y/N) by running past her and shooting a two-pointer the moment he came to his senses.

"Finally! A fucking challenge!"

Now, she truly couldn't help the wide smirk on her face, nor the profanities falling from her lips. She was going to drive this boy into the ground so hard he'd kick rocks for the rest of the day.

"Let's play ball!"

And so, it started.

Before Yuji could react to her sudden change of attitude, (Y/N) sprinted to grab the ball before it even fell onto the ground. Yuji snapped out of his senses and went to guard her, refusing to let up and keeping a close distance as to waste time.