Chapter 9

It was Roy. We all stared at him in shock; I looked at everyone in the room. “Uh, can you guys give us a minute, please?”

    They nodded and made their way out of the room. Once the door was closed Roy rushed to me and hugged me. “My God, what did they do to you?” He asked. I hugged him back, trying to hold back my tears. Roy must’ve noticed my shaking and pulled back to look me in the eyes. “That bad, huh?” I just nodded. There was a moment of silence before he spoke up again. “I’m sorry.”

    I gave him a confused look. “This isn’t your fault Roy. I don’t blame you and neither do the others. You have nothing to be sorry for.”

    “I’m sorry for the way I acted towards you when I left. I didn’t mean any of it, and if I didn’t leave, you might not be in this situation.” He said. he always found a way to blame himself.

    “Roy look at me.” I said. When he didn’t I cupped his face in my hands so he couldn’t look away. “Even if you didn’t leave, I would still be in this situation. Cadmus got the jump on us; there’s nothing you could’ve done.”

    He leaned forward and rested his forehead on mine. I blushed madly at the gesture and hoped he couldn’t see it. We stayed like this for a few minutes until he started to lean in. ‘Is this really about to happen?!’ Our lips almost touched, until someone barged in, causing us to jump apart. We looked towards the door and noticed Dinah in the doorway. ‘Damn it Dinah!’

    “Sorry to interrupt, but we’re getting ready to move you to the med bay at the mountain.” She said.

    I gave her a confused look as I asked, “The mountain?”

    “Your new HQ.” She replied and I nodded. She looked towards Roy. “It’s good to see you Roy. I’m glad you came.”

    He nodded and she left. Roy looked back towards me and I noticed a light blush on his cheeks. He NEVER gets flustered. 

“So…..” He trailed off.

“So…..” I repeated. “You should join us.” I blurted out before I could stop myself. He gave me a strange look. “Even if it’s just for a few missions. It’s really not the same without you. Besides, you wouldn’t be taking orders from the others.”

He chuckled. “I’ll think about it. So you’re the team leader, huh?”

I smiled. “Yeah, though I only feel like they made that executive decision because I’m the oldest.”

“They look up to you.” He said and Dinah chose that moment to walk in and give me a pair of clothes.

“Get dressed. We’ll be leaving soon.” She said and she left. I tried to take the IV out of my hand carefully, but I just cause myself more pain. I hissed and Roy grabbed my hand, making me stop.

“Here, let me.” He said. He carefully took the IV out without causing pain; I sighed in relief.

“Thanks.” I said.

“No problem.” He replied. He helped me sit up in bed so I could put my shirt on. I tried to reach back and untie the hospital gown with no success; it hurt too much. Roy chuckled. “Need help?”

“Maybe.” I said, blushing madly. He reached behind me and untied my hospital gown, causing me to blush even more if that’s even possible. My whole upper body was covered in bandages, so at least he isn’t seeing anything. I heard him gasp as the gown fell in my lap, noticing my whole upper body bandages. I quickly put the shirt on that Dinah gave me so he couldn’t see it anymore. He helped me stand from the bed so I could put my leggings on. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I collapsed. Luckily, Roy caught me before I face planted.

“Take it easy.” He said helping me back on my feet. He helped me keep my balance as I put my leggings on. Once I was dressed Dinah came in.

“Ready?” She asked. “The others have already headed for the mountain.”

I nodded and Roy helped me out of the hospital room. Once we finally made it to the elevator, my legs were shaking like crazy. Roy seemed to notice and picked me up bridal style, causing me to blush and wrap my arms around his neck. When I looked at him I noticed he was blushing as well.

“T-Thanks.” I stuttered.

“N-No problem.” He said. ‘Did he just stutter?!’ I had no time to question as the elevator opened up to the lobby. Dinah led the way to the car as we headed out to the parking lot. Once we were there, Dinah opened the back door so Roy could set me inside. Afterward, he got in on the other side and Dinah in the driver’s seat. As soon as we were all set, she took off towards the mountain.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Once we got there, Roy picked me up bridal style and carried me towards the entrance. We entered through the zeta tube.

    “Recognized: Black Canary, 0-9; Blue Sparrow, B 0-5; Speedy, B 0-2.” The computerized voice droned on. Roy growled at his previous code-name. I giggled at his reaction; he looked at me with a small smile on his face. He carried me to the med bay and laid me down on the bed, and I wanted to pass out right then and there from how tired I was which Roy seemed to notice.

    “Tired?” He chuckled, to which I nodded. “I’ll let you get some sleep. I’ll see you later.”

    He came up to me and lightly kissed my forehead. Before he could get too far, I grabbed his wrist, causing him to stop and turn to me.

    “Stay. Please.” I said.

    He gave me a gentle smile and said, “Okay.”

    He climbed into bed next to me and I snuggled up into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on top of mine.

    “Goodnight Roy.” I yawned.

    “Goodnight Lorelei.” He replied and it wasn’t long before I fell asleep.

Dinah’s P.O.V.

    As I walked towards Lorelei’s room, I noticed the door was open. I peeked into her room and saw her and Roy laying down on her bed; Lorelei was asleep and Roy was wide awake staring lovingly down at her.

    “You should tell her how you feel.” I said, making him look in my direction.

    “And ruin our friendship? Besides, she probably doesn’t feel the same.” He said.

    I giggled. “You sound just like her.”

    He looked at me confused. “What do you mean?”

    I made my way over to the left side of the bed where he was and sat down. “Isn’t it obvious. She loves you; she has for the past four years now.” He looked at me shocked. “She told me not to tell anyone, so don’t tell her I told you.” He nodded and I made my way towards the door, but before I left I stopped. “You should stay, you know. Not for Ollie, not for yourself, but for her.”

    With that I made my way out of her room. ‘If only they weren’t so scared to tell each other. They’re absolutely adorable together.’