The difference between this stare and the one from the man a couple moments earlier was that Malfoy's was sultry. It made her blood heat, even more when he licked his lips with a small bite, while looking at hers. But then the elevator doors closed, and she was alone.

She puffed out a breath, shaking her head.

What did he do to her?

As she walked into the lounge room, she spotted Zara nose deep in a fashion magazine. "What are you doing?" she asked, plopping down on the chair in front of the desk.

"Waiting for the meeting to start," Zara casually responded, looking up after she flipped a page. "Woah—love the look today, Evie."

Recently her friend has been calling her Evie, which was probably the cutest name she's been called. Aves was ruined for her. Besides, it wasn't catchy. Not like this one.

"Why thank you," Averie laughed. Confusion settled over just a second later. "Wait—what meeting?"

"The one in the email. Parkinson should have sent it, go check."

Averie quickly checked her computer for any message from Pansy Parkinson, to no avail. There was no message.

"I didn't get anything," she murmured, still scrolling.

Zara only hummed, distracted as well. "She'll probably send it in a bit. I only got the message 10 minutes ago."

Suddenly she jumped up from her seat, muttering something about "needing to ask Lucas how the fuck these models fit into the latex," which Averie had no idea what she was talking about.

Once again she was left alone for a while, leaving her to her thoughts. She didn't mind though, only planned to wait for the email while relaxing. Averie hasn't had a relaxing work day since she arrived here, it was nice as much as it was short lived.

Her head was down, sketching whatever was coming to mind when her computer chirped.

Pansy Parkinson

Big conference room on floor 3 at 1:45

Don't be late.

Averie was honestly surprised she had received an email at all. If she had to take a guess, she would have thought that Pansy would have purposely forgot to send it.

Luckily that wasn't the case.

She settled down and went back to drawing in her private book.

After two hours, Averie started to get suspicious. Zara had nowhere else to go, just like her she was waiting for this meeting. She figured Zara would have come back to her by now. Averie didn't even know what the meeting could be about, or why Malfoy would involve them both, but she was just curious.

Another twenty more minutes later, and she knew something was wrong. Had she missed the meeting?

No—it was only 1:11, she had over half an hour until it started. But she was weary of how dead silent the office had been. Usually Pansy would show up to annoy Averie and Zara, and Lucas would have to rescue them from her constant blabbering.

She realized she hadn't seen Lucas either today, where was everyone?

Averie sprung out of her seat, now worried she would get in trouble if she had missed it. She was just about to exit the lounge room when Zara's computer caught her eye. It was still on, unlocked.

Averie wouldn't call it snoopingshe was just trying to see if Pansy gave her the right time.

So she quickly strode up to the desk, scrolling through her friends' messages. Sure enough, she saw the exact same email. With a different time.