Stop the Wedding

Thursday came.

The wedding began.

Jessica and her father walked down the aisle

She cried quietly.

"Hush, Jessica. This is your wedding day. Don't act like a baby." Her father said.

"Do you Elwood take Jessica to be your wife?" Elwood smiled at her.

"I do." He said.

"And do you Jessica, take Elwood to be your husband?"

Jessica froze. "I...I..."

Her father grew angry.

"She does! Of course she does!" He shouted.

"Forgive me, Mr. Crane, but it doesn't work that way. It has to come from her." The preacher said.

"Well she won't say it." Her father said.

"Then there is no point in continuing." He said.

"Jessica Diana Crane, you say I do right now, missy!" Her father demanded.

Jessica couldn't take it anymore.

It was time for her to stand up for herself. 

"No." She said, throwing the bouquet on the floor.

Everyone gasped.

"What did you say?" Her father angrily asked.

"I said no. I will not marry him." She said.

Her father grew furious.

He ran up to her and slapped her across the face.

She fell down on the floor.

"You really are a spoiled little brat! You don't know what's good for you! You just like to defy me! I wish I never had you!" He shouted.

Everyone gasped.

Diane ran up and grabbed ahold of her husband.

"Samuel! That is enough! Now I have been very respectful and quiet ever since you made this arrangement, but you hitting our daughter is the last straw! You have only been thinking of your status, not your daughter's happiness. You haven't exactly been acting high class yourself throughout this whole thing. Jessica was truly happy with Jose. She told me herself." She shouted.

"Dad, you should see the way they look at each other. They truly are in love." Walt said.

"I've never seen her more happy in my life and that makes us happy. Why can't you feel the same way?" Roy asked.

"Great, now my whole family thinks they know better than me! Well, I won't have it. She is going to do as I say whether she likes it or not! And I know this is best for her! Because he has money, status, power." Samuel ignored everything told to him.

Jessica threw her bouquet at his head.

"No I won't!" She shouted, turning towards Elwood.

"I'm very sorry, Elwood, but I can't marry you. I love someone else. I hope you can understand." She said.

"Sure and I hope you can understand that if I can't have you, no one can." He said, grabbing her.

He threw her on the floor and pulled out his sword.

"What are you doing?! Leave my daughter alone!" Her father shouted.

All of a sudden, the Three Caballeros flew in.

Panchito lassoed Elwood and pulled him off of Jessica.

Jose ran to his beloved. 

"Jose, thank goodness." She hugged him. 

He hugged her back.

All of a sudden, Elwood vanished into thin air.

"Where did he go?" Donald asked.

Suddenly, Sheldgoose and Veldrake came crashing through the stained glass windows on Leopold.

"What are you doing here?!" Xandra asked.

"Our marriage plan failed so if I can't keep these two apart with another, I'll just have to part them myself!" Sheldgoose shouted.

"What are you talking about?!" Her father asked.

"I created Elwood out of dark magic. I didn't want to lose you as a benefactor of the New Quackmore Institute if you found out about those two, so I created Elwood so she would marry and we wouldn't have a problem." Sheldgoose said.

"Well now you have lost me, for hurting my daughter!" He said.

"Hurt? I'm grateful I don't have to marry some random guy." She said, rubbing her wrist.

"Stop talking crazy, Jessica. I will still find you the right match. And it will definitely not be this one. He is not good enough for you. He never will be good enough for you! He's a poor, filthy, womanizing bird! He is nothing to you." Her father said, motioning to Jose.

Jessica couldn't take it anymore. 

It was time that she put her foot down.

"That is it! I am tired of you telling me what to do. You can't do that anymore. I'm an adult now. I want my own life. To be free from everything. Including you! You were never a good father to me. You didn't even support my dream of wanting to be a singer. You take me away from Texas! You force me to marry a man I never even met. Heck, you hardly even know him and look what he turned out to be, but worse of all, you try to keep me from true love. Jose is the one I want to be with. He is everything to me! I love him and he loves me! Love is all that matters in a relationship! If you were truly my father, you would want me to be happy, but I guess you really don't love me at all!" She shouted.

Her father was speechless.

He realized what a fool he had been.

He wanted what was best for his daughter, and now he realized that she had it all along.

"Mr. Crane, your daughter is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I may not be able to give her the finer things, but I can give her things that are priceless. My love, my kindness, my loyalty. Everything I have, I give to her. I love her." Jose said.

Jessica took Jose's hand and pulled him in for a kiss.

He held her close and kissed her back.

Sheldgoose grew angry. 

He faced Jose. 

"You're fate is sealed!" He shouted.

He shot a thunderbolt at Jose, but Jessica pushed him out of the way and it hit her instead.

She fell to the ground.

"NO!" Jose caught her in his arms and cried.