Chapter 3

Waking up in the morning after the pirate attack on Port Royal, Olivia quickly ate her breakfast and got ready to see whether her friends were alright.

Seeing her father stepping outside with a worried face, she rushed to him and asked, "Father, what's wrong?"

Knowing that he cannot lie to her, he sighed and said, "Elizabeth Swann was taken by the pirates. I have some matters to attend to, after which I will be going to offer my support to governor Swann. Do you want to know where he is?"

Shocked at the news that Elizabeth has been taken, she closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath to take it in. Then she nodded at her father.

He said, "They are in that open room in Fort Charles they usually use for mapping routes."

Hugging him gratefully, she said, "Thank you, father!"

Smiling at her, he patted her head and left. She then set off to find Will. As she walked through Port Royal, she saw people cleaning up after last night's attack. She remembered hearing the screams and clanking of swords when she was in bed at the time. She was worried forElizabeth and Will and even tried to sneak out to check whether they werealright, but her father caught her and forced her to stay inside. For once, shelistened to him since he was so anxious that she might get hurt or killed and stayedinside, locking her door and windows. But now she deeply regrets it. Thinking that Elizabeth might not have been taken if she was there to fend off the pirates, she felt guilty.

Suddenly spotting Will slowly waking up on the ground, she rushed to him.

Kneeling down beside him and helping him sit up, she anxiously asked, "Will! Are you alright?"

Nodding at her, he looked around, and, remembering the events of last night, exclaimed, "They've taken Elizabeth!"

She sighed and, looking away from him, said, "I know. My father told me where we can find governor Swann. Let's go see how he's holding up and how they are planning to save her."

Looking closely at her, he realized that she was feeling guilty about it.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and softly spoke to her, "Olivia, I know you feel guilty about not being there for her. I do too. But it's not something we could've prevented even if we were there. They were an entire crew of pirates; we would not have stood a chance against them. So now the best thing we both can do is trying to save her."

Surprised that he figured her out and thankful for his words of comfort, she smiled at him and said, "Thank you."

They then stood up and went to see governor Swann. As they stepped in to the stone walled room, they saw Norrington bending over a map on a table in the middle of the room as governor Swann paced behind him.

Will spoke to Norrington, "They've taken her. They've taken Elizabeth."

Without even looking at him, Norrington told one of his men, "Mr. Murtogg, remove this man."

As the soldier named Murtogg approached them, Olivia rolled her eyes and before he could chase her out as well, spoke, "Commodore, we have to hunt them down, we must save her!"

Governor Swann nodded at her in acknowledgement of her presence and asked in a desperate and exhausted voice, "And where do you propose we start? If you have any information concerning my daughter, please share it."

Glancing at each other uncertainly, Will and Olivia looked down.

Murtogg then said, "That Jack Sparrow. He talked about the Black Pearl."

The soldier beside Norrington said, "Mentioned it is more what he did."

Looking down at Norrington, Will said, "Ask him where it is. Make a deal with him. He could lead us to it."