𝟚𝟠 - 𝔸 𝕋𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕝 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖

Start from the beginning

"J-James?" James looked down to see Ophelia's eyes flutter open and close.

"Fi! Ok keep those eyes open."

"It-it hurts though James."

"Just think if you keep them shut you won't be able to see my handsome face." James smiled, deciding humour is always the best option in a difficult situation.

"I might just close them then." A dry chuckle left Ophelia's lips.

"Glad to see you haven't knocked the sense of humour out of you."

"Mr Potter! Quick bring her in now." Madam Pomfrey had appeared at the bottom of the corridor.

"You're going to be ok Fi." James looked back down to the girl, only to notice she had drifted back off into sleep. Picking up his pace, James almost jogged the few metres left to the hospital.

"Lay her down here." Madam Pomfrey was bustling about with potions and more following her around in the air. "Mr Pettigrew said you found her like this?" The matron spoke whilst running a wand up and down Ophelia's body.

"Yeh, I don't know how long she has been like this. She woke up a bit on the way."

"15 minutes by the look of this." Madam Pomfrey lifted Ophelia's and muttered a few spells. James watched in awe as the blood covering Ophelia's hair began to disappear back into the wound until the wound was simply a scar. "Ferula." Bandages shot out from Madam Pomfrey's wand and wrapped themselves around Ophelia's head. "This should keep the wound safe from reopening accidentally."

"Is she going to be ok? Where's Peter? Does someone need to tell Minnie?" James blurted out the questions.

"Mr Potter, I need you to relax. Yes she will be ok and Mr Pettigrew has gone to inform Professor McGonagall."

"Poppy what on earth has happened, Mr Pettigrew continuously hit my door and told me it was an emergency." Professor McGonagall had entered the Hospital Wing with a brisk pace, followed shortly after by an out of breath Peter.

"It's Fi." James spoke rather protectively first, not allowing Madam Pomfrey a chance to speak.

"Mr Potter why are you here and what do you mean it's Ophelia?" Concern seemed to appear for Minerva, hinted by the slight raise in pitch.

"Minerva, Ophelia seems to have been in some sort of accident tonight." Madam Pomfrey spoke softly to her colleague. The matron moved aside to show Ophelia asleep in the hospital bed.

"Oh my sweet merlin." Minerva swiftly approached the bed and began conversing with Madam Pomfrey. Whilst James and Peter both stood further back, unsure what to do with themselves.

"Pete, did you not tell Minnie it was Fi?" James whispered.

"Uh, it must have slipped my mind." Peter answered honestly, slightly worried by James' reaction.

"That's understandable, it was quite scary wasn't it."

"Yeh." Peter let out a sigh of relief, one he hadn't realised he was holding. "She'll be ok won't she?"

"Pomfrey said she would be."

"Mr Potter, Mr Pettigrew can you explain anything." Minnie was sat on the edge of Ophelia's bed, grasping one of the girl's hand.

"Not really no." James answered honestly, only to receive a glaring stare from Minnie that caused him to gulp loudly. "Minnie honestly-" The use of the nickname seemed to frustrate the lady more. "Sorry Professor McGonagall. We just found her like that."

"And where was that place?" Minerva eyed the two boys as they seemed to glance quickly over to each other, almost like agreeing something without words.