9.How Pathetic...

Start from the beginning

My eyes widened, "what! so it was you!"

Then he hurriedly left with a smirk, "Later."

'Golden-haired bastard!! you-!'

"Your highness, please don't be mad at his highness."

"huh?"

Cedric who was standing outside the gate suddenly said with a chuckle.

"yesterday when he read the financial record it was his first time doing so, he never knew that you weren't spending money, he was very disturbed. So-"

I cut him off in the middle and started speaking, "yeah I understand but he could've bought that with his own money, why spend my money when he has his budget if his own?!"

"um...I don't really know the details but...after many years fighting on the battlefield, I see the light on his face, I just wanted to say thank you", he said with a smile.

I just blankly looked at him with a surprised look.

"...well whatever..."

I left the office immediately after that. I had an unknowing smile that crept on my face.

Today was a very hectic day and a lot of things...

Lucy brushed my hair before going to sleep...as soon as I laid down on the bed I fell asleep...

*************

In Camille's dream...

'It's dark... I can't see anything--'

-"I can't take this anymore! I can't do this!"

I heard a familiar young man yelling...oh it's my past...

-"Brother please..."

I saw myself begging him...how pathetic...

-"Why do I have to do this?! Do you even know how much of my salary goes into her treatment?! Now she gets admitted almost every month! It's tiring. I can't spend all my money on our mother! She is going to forget us anyway!" He stated.

My mother had a disease called amnesia...so her treatment took a lot of money, in my family my father had passed away so the only one left was my brother but, he was greedy and so full of himself as he grew up that after a while he started complaining about mothers disease.

I wanted to slap him right across his face, but I controlled myself and clenched my fists hard and said in a shaky voice,

-"...alright then, I'll start earning from now on..."

His face lightened up that instance.

-"Yeah, that's a good idea! Anyway, you're at your legal age also! That'll work!"

'How shameless could he be?! She is the one who gave birth to us. She is the one who suffered all the pain in her life but never showed us, she just kept smiling softly for us to make it look alright even after father passed away...' I just thought to myself and swallowed the tears in my eyes...

My brother left the hospital and I saw myself hopelessly sitting on the bench outside my mother's dorms. A tear rolled down on my cheeks from the corner of my eyes... I wiped it and took deep breathes and I forced myself to smile and entered the room to see my mother.

I quietly sat near her bed. I touched her hands, she held my hand. I smiled softly at her...

She said to me as her eyes were shut,
"-- ---- ---- ----"

I couldn't hear her properly, but suddenly the image in front of me disappeared and I blacked out.

***************

I woke up panting hard, I looked around and saw that I'm in Camille's room...

'So it was a dream huh...'

I looked through the gallery and thought to myself

'it's still early...'

I tried to remember what I saw... The last thing I saw was a mysterious man with green hair and some chains occurred between us...

 The last thing I saw was a mysterious man with green hair and some chains occurred between us

To be continued...