T W E N T Y - F O U R

It was a rainy day as Mattheo Riddle sat in Severus Snape's living room, gazing out the the window. One hand occupied with a book while the other one was busy, twirling Alana's bracelet in deep thought.

"You know, Riddle, that bracelet might just break if you just keep doing that for a little while longer" Snape's nasally voice drawled out as he read the newspaper at the same time.

Mattheo looked down at the bracelet and noticed how roughly he had been handling it. Quietly, without a word he kept it back in his pocket. Then he started fiddling with the rings on his fingers. 

"If you don't mind me asking, which poor girl's jewelry did you steal?" Snape asked, still looking at the paper.

"I do mind" Mattheo answered going back to his book.

"I do hope you're doing your mission well" Snape said.

"And I hope that whatever you and my brother are planning is sensible" The boy snapped. Snape let out a sigh at that. 

"You do realize the consequences you will have to face if you fail, right" Snape reminded him.

"Very well, thank you" Mattheo answered him, turning the page of the book.

"You know, Riddle, you're a peculiar one. Being nice and careful around a girl, acting human. While with everyone else, you act like a feral animal" The black haired man told him. Mattheo's eyes darted towards the man, snapping his book shut.

"What?" He exclaimed, standing up. His mind directly thought about Alana.

"How do you expect someone not to know what you've been doing with Miss Weasley for the past few months, considering how careless the both of you have been" Snape looked unbothered, still reading his newspaper.

"How the fuck do you about that and how many fucking people know about it?" Mattheo thundered, still frustrated over someone finding out about him and Alana. But the thing that bothered him more was her safety than his.

"Didn't you go to the house of the Weasleys some days ago? I saw you climbing out of a window, I was supposed to be monitoring the house" The potions master in front of him told him. "And you shouldn't worry, really. Only I know about you and Miss Weasley".

"You better keep it that way" Mattheo growled.

"I doubt that, aren't you taking her to the ball in the Malfoy Manor?" Snape asked, now looking at the fuming seventeen year old in front of him. Who knew that someone could so worked up at the mention of the girl you're romantically interested in? He thought.

"It is a masked ball" Mattheo told him, sitting back down.

"Oh and do you plan on placing a silencing spell on the girl, Riddle?" Snape questioned, his eyes darting back to his newspaper.

"My brother will be quite glad that I have an escort and am keeping an eye on the mission" Mattheo answered him, now glaring at the long haired man.

"Are you sure about that?" Snape asked, clearly gesturing at the scar that ran through his eye.

"You need not worry about matters between my brother and I, Snape" He snapped at him.

Snape was quite for sometime before opening his mouth again. "And are your feelings for the girl genuine? True?" He asked, raising a brow at the lovesick boy in front of him.

 A million memories went through Mattheo's mind. Alana's smile, her eyes, her freckles, the scar on her neck, the way she threw her head back while laughing, the way she clutched the pendant around her neck whenever she was nervous, her laugh, the way her laughs sounded like bells ringing, her red fire type hair, the determination that shone through her eyes at times, the way a grin came on her face everytime she saw him, the way their lips fit together, her twitch whenever someone touched her except her friends, the way she talked about things she loved, the way she argued with him, the way her heart beat against his and the concentration and happiness that showed up in her face everytime she read a book. Everything about her came to mind at this question.