CONTENTMENT - day two

Start from the beginning

"Let's play outside," she said.

"Alright. What do you want to do today?"

🚤

Deep blue water and the ocean breeze welcomed the lovers in their rented yacht

Deep blue water and the ocean breeze welcomed the lovers in their rented yacht. An hour ride included a visit to a small island nearby and a romantic lunch in the yacht. The two jumped out in the middle of the ocean when the tour guide said it was a diving spot. Yejin enjoyed snorkeling while Bin enjoyed taking pictures of her, dipping the camera when she tried to dive deeper. She was a pro underwater, her posture looked elegant as Bin caught the perfect angle of his very own mermaid.

They had the best time doing what they love the most; Yejin playing in the water and Bin playing with his camera, taking photos of the majestic view with a stunningly beautiful subject that is his girl friend. He also initiated taking selfies when they hanged by the yacht post.

When they were called for lunch, Yejin covered herself with a robe and helped Bin dry up, wiping his arms and back with a towel. They were assisted in the table setting at the tip of the boat. She was pleased with the arrangement and was surprised to see another bouquet of tulips on her seat. He gave her the flowers and guided her to sit. With a bright smile, she gestured for him to come closer so she can reach his lips for a short sweet kiss.

They enjoyed the meal and the ocean view around them. With their salty hair and sun kissed skin, they decided to chill for the rest of the ride. They ordered a plate of fruit while Yejin took out a book to read. She settled on the mat to sun bathe while reading the book. Bin, as per usual, took his camera to capture her beau at her most relaxed and happy state.

He climbed up the mat to give her the fruits and kissed the top of her head before lying down beside her

"Bin, you're in the middle of filming. You can't get a tan when you go back," she said with worry as she brushed his hair with her fingers.

"I know but can I lay here beside you for a few more minutes?" He negotiated.

She didn't have the heart to refuse his request so she reached for her purse to get the sunscreen. With his eyes closed, Hyunbin was surprised when she spread the lotion and started kneading his neck and shoulders. She gently massaged his face as she applied sunscreen with care, giving him a peck on the lips when she finished.

"My turn," he said and took the beauty product from her hand and applied the lotion on her arms and legs with the same care she did on him.

In the quietness under the afternoon sun, the lovers from across the world basked the normalcy they had in this short trip. Shortly after, Yejin placed the book away to cuddle closer to Bin as they shared random stories about their vacations from when they weren't together yet. They started creating a mental list of where they wanted to go next - Africa, Paris, Maldives, Swritzerland etc.

After a quick shower back in the villa, Hyunbin invited her to walk around the farmer's market before they head out to the airport.

With her hand safely tucked in his, they strolled around, making the best of their remaining time together.

They passed by a gelato shop where Yejin peeked curiously at the menu displayed outside. He did not bother to check the list as he tugged her hand towards the shop.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" He asked, realizing that there's so much more to discover from each other, from the random favorites down to the intricate detail about themselves.

"I don't think I have a favorite in particular. I love all ice cream but mmm now that you asked, I realized I always order vanilla or chocolate. That might be my favorite then," she replied, shrugging and scrunching her nose as she adorably smiled at him. "How about you?"

"I like anything with cookies

"I like anything with cookies."
"Hmm. Cookies 'n cream?"
"Yes I like that but I'll get cookie dough."

The walk around the market  was cut short when they realized it was almost time to leave. With heavy feet, they went back to the villa and arranged a service to the airport.

Placing their luggage safely in the van, both stayed attached beside each other. Bin's arm around her and Yejin's arms snaked around his torso. It was a meaningful two day vacation which certainly made them even more closer. Bin asked the hotel service to drop her back to the hotel where her glam team were staying before he proceed to the airport.

It wasn't as difficult to part ways knowing that in a week or two they'll be back in each other's arms but it wasn't easy to let go as well. They held each other tightly and shared a lingering kiss as they temporarily separated again.

Their first vacation together was truly memorable. It was a short trip but this was enough for now. Contented for what they have, fondly anticipating for what is to come. The love and affection they showered each other gave them energy to treasure as they pursue their passion in their career, in love, and in life in general.

A/N:

Apologies for taking soooo long to update. I wanted to get back on reading actual books that's why I was MIA on wattpad (and kinda lost the will to write) but the back-to-back fanmeet has been a huge inspiration to continue writing.

Also, I messed up the timeline of their Europe trip and only realized when I wrote chapter 8. Another factor of the delay because I got distracted 😂 but decided to stick on this timeline for the sake of the story. They will be back in Seoul in the following chapters so I hope the timing will be more realistic. Again, THANK YOU for showing interest in this story. 🥰