Sick pt 2

That morning was cold and rainy. Daniela decided to close the salon for the day, as Carla wasn't the easiest "patient".

Dani sat on her side of the bed next to her girlfriend. Carla turned her head, her back to Daniela.

"Scratch my head?" Carla requested, her voice sounding weak and raspy; her eyes barely open.

Daniela nodded quietly and gently massaged Carla's head. She stroked the younger girls hair, her hands gradually moving down to her shoulders. Dani traced her fingers gently across Carla's skin, her back hot to the touch.

Carla jolted up quickly, coughing uncontrollably.

"Why don't I get you some medicine?" Dani asked, still rubbing her back.

Carla shook her head no. It was the last thing she wanted. "I don't want it... it tastes disgusting." Carla whined.

"Cariño, it'll make you feel better." Daniela said. Carla shook her head no again, laying back down on her side. "Good night." Carla said sarcastically, covering herself with the duvet until only the top of her head was visible.

"If you take your medicine, I'll give you a piece of chocolate." Daniela said. Chocolate was a trick she always knew would work.

It was silent for a minute.

Just then, Carla's head turned around slowly. She looked the older woman in the eyes, squinting in curiosity.

"...what kind of chocolate?" She asked suspiciously.

Daniela reached into the night stand and pulled out a large KitKat bar. Carla's eyes widened, fixating on the bright red wrapper. Dani dangled it in her girlfriend's face.

Carla pursed her lips together momentarily, taking a deep, frustrated breath out of her nose.

"...get the medicine." She sighed, defeated.

Dani climbed out of bed victoriously and headed to the bathroom. She came back with the bottle of dayquil from earlier in the week. Carla cringed at the sight of the orange liquid as Daniela poured out a small dose.

Carla gagged as her girlfriend handed her the small cup. "I don't want it." She said, vigorously shaking her head. She fixated her eyes on the chocolate bar again.

With another deep breath, Carla took the medicine as if it was a shot of tequila. She made yet another disgusted look before grabbing the chocolate bar off of Daniela's lap. Daniela laughed quietly as she watched the younger girl tear the KitKat wrapper and take the biggest bite she could handle.

"Let me get us some tea," Dani said, standing up once again and leaving Carla alone with her snack.

She placed a handful of marshmallows at the top of Carla's mug, once the tea had brewed. She picked up the mugs for them both, stopping in her tracks when she reached the bedroom. Carla was asleep again.

Daniela knew not to wake her, as this was probably the most sleep she would get over the next few days. She sat back down in bed, Carla's eyes fluttering open at the weight-shift on the mattress.

Daniela set the mugs down on the nightstand, holding her arms out to Carla. Carla cuddled into Daniela, pulling the duvet over herself once more as she shivered. Daniela squeezed her arm in reassurance, turning on her side to be the bigger spoon. She rubbed Carla's arm gently in an attempt to warm her up.

Carla relaxed in Daniela's embrace, looking up at her again

Carla relaxed in Daniela's embrace, looking up at her again. She puckered her lips at the older woman.

Daniela rolled her eyes playfully. She knew there was no winning this battle.

"Please?" Carla asked.

Even if it meant risking another cold, Dani leaned in so her lips could meet Carla's. Carla smiled to herself and deepened the kiss. "I love you, Dani." She said softly as she pulled away.

"I love you too, Carlita." Daniela replied.

***
Though Carla was quite needy, Daniela knew that the best way to care for Carla when she was cold wasn't medicine, soup, or even chocolate. She just sleeps through it, as long as Dani is holding her.

Later that night, Carla's fever had only gone up. She had been complaining for an hour about aching all over and how cold she felt, despite a 103 fever.

Daniela turned on the bathtub and ran the hot water.

Carla would feel better after this, she thought.

She helped her girlfriend to undress and head into the bathtub. "Just relax, cariño." Dani reassured.

A very sleepy, drugged up Carla looked up at her. "Don't be shy, get in with me." She teased,
playfully sticking her tongue out.