Aaaaaaand We're Back

I walked into the locker room Pietro was getting ready in and leaned on the wall as he picked up a shirt. I smirked.

"Nice view," I said. He looked back at me and grinned.

"Not bad yourself," he said. "Somehow you look better than last time I saw you in this." I chuckled, walking over to him.

"You might want to put a shirt on, unfortunately," I said. "Before someone that isn't me walks in." He smirked.

"Why? Afraid they'll see me looking so great?" I frowned jokingly.

"Obviously. Only I get to see that." He laughed and leaned down to kiss me. When he pulled away, he leaned his head on mine.

"You know there's a chance we won't make it out of this," he whispered. "Ultron won't stop." I closed my eyes and nodded.

"I know," I said quietly. "But this is our fault. So I can't stop either." I looked up at him. "We have to stop him." He nodded.

"Just maybe...don't die trying," he said before dropping his voice so low that I almost didn't catch what he said next. "I don't want to lose you." I smile and kiss him quickly.

"You won't," I said. "As long as you don't die either." He chuckled quietly and nodded. I held up my pinkie. "To the end?" He smiled and hooked his pinkie around mine.

"To the end." He pressed his lips to mine again, this time passionately, like he was afraid we wouldn't have many moments like this left. I hooked my hands around the back of his neck, his hands resting on my waist. His lips molded against mine, and I didn't want the moment away.

Unfortunately, people suck, and someone cleared their throat from the doorway. I quickly stepped back and glared at the blond archer, who was staring at me with a blank face.

"You're disgusting," he said simply. I held back a laugh, and he nodded towards the hallway. "Chris, get out here." He looked at Pietro. "You, get ready. No time to mess around." The speedster nodded, and I quickly walked out of the room, winking at Pietro before I left. Clint fell into step beside me as we headed toward the hanger.

"So," he said, "the Maximoff boy." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Clint, the Maximoff boy. He has a name, you know." He nodded.

"Yeah, I know." He held out his arm to stop me and looked me in the eye. "I don't like him." I chuckled.

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed." I saw a smile twitching at the corner of his mouth.

"God, I missed you, kid." He wrapped me in a hug, and I hugged him back tightly.

"I missed you too, bird boy. Last I heard, you were dying." He laughed and stepped back.

"Ah, come on." He elbowed me in the arm and walked off, and I laughed before following him. Once we got on the quinjet and took off (Pietro keeping his distance as Clint was next to me) Steve spoke up.

"Ultron knows we're coming," he said. "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." He looked around at us. "All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." I smiled softly.

"Damn, he's good at that," I muttered, making Clint snort. I grinned.

When we got into the city, I ran around as fast as I could, yelling for the people to get out and helping them when I could. I was running past the police station when I heard guns, and seconds later Pietro ran past me. I quickly caught up with him.