≪•◦ Chapter 7 ◦•≫

[A/N: Sorry this chapter is a little short TT. Anyways if you haven't watched this video yet. YOU.HAVE.TO.RIGHT.NOW.]

It was currently your day off at work. And you decided to help out in cleaning one of the cemeteries in Liyue.

It wasn't so far from the harbor but you usually volounteered to do stuff like this a lot. Like voulonteering at an orphanage for example. Or probably as simple as baking a cake for a child's birthday party.

Just as you were about to leave after finally finishing cleaning, you spotted a familiar boy sitting on his own in front of a grave with a sad look.

You then sat beside him and patted his back lightly.

He fliched a bit from the sudden contact but softened when he saw that it was you.

"What're you doing here?" Xiao asked.

"I volounteered to clean the cemetery" you replied casually.

He smiled to himself thinking that it did seem like something you'd do.

"They died..on this exact day." Xiao mumbled as he glanced over to the three graves in front of you two.

Your face gave a look of curiousity but you decided not to question any further.

He noticed your expression and let out a sigh.

"I mean the Yakshas."

Your expression then gave a look of shock as you realized that the graves in front of you were the graves of the Yakshas.

"Wait I thought there were 5 of you. Why are there only three graves?" You pondered curiously over to Xiao.

"The fourth one was...the reason for their death. He's not actually dead yet, he's just sealed over somewhere that disables himself to wake up." Xiao explained as his look slightly turned to one of anger while he clenched the spear in his hands.

"It's amazing how you still remember everything so clearly even after 2,000 years." You said clearly amazed.

"Well...they all meant so much to me.." Xiao mumbled lowly as a look of sorrow graced upon his features.

You then patted his back in hopes of comforting him.

"When I die, you better not forget me ok!?" You suddenly said as you caught Xiao a bit off guard.

A sudden fear slowly started to grow throught Xiao's senses as he realized that you were indeed a mortal.

"I can't promise it." He said sternly while looking away trying his best to push the thought away.

You gave a little pout as you went back to your restaurant together with Xiao.

For the rest of the day the thought of you dying was stuck like glue onto Xiao's memory.

He wouldn't admit it but he already felt emotionally attached to you. And so the fear just kept growing inside his gut.

"Xiao..? You seem out of it lately. Is everything alright?" You asked with concern as you gave him a plate of almond tofu.

"Oh? Are you concerned for me?" He asked with a smirk as he ate his almond tofu.

He definitely became a lot more comfortable with you.

A tch mark started to form on your face as you pinched his cheeks in annoyance.

"Nevermind then! Not me pouring out my concern only for you to tease me hmph." You said as you pouted.

Xiao could only chuckle at your reaction and patted your head.

'For now, I'm just gonna spend time with you as long as I can.' He thought to himself as he continued eating the almond tofu as he listened to you ramble about all kinds of stuff.