Chapter 13 - Vision

Start from the beginning

I try to focus and listen....I still haven't been able to listen that far.

Right when Clint got the Cradle here, Tony Arrives. I was mad...Nat was taken.

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce asks.

"Haven't heard. But she's alive, or Ultron'd be rubbing our faces in it." Tony nods

"This is exactly why I should of been there." I nod, going over to my computer to start working.

"This is sealed tight." Clint says.

"We're going to need to access the program, break it down from within." I say.

"Hm. Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet, old school spy stuff?" Tony asks Clint.

"There's some nets I can cast. Yeah, alright. I'll find her." Clint leaves.

"I can work on tissue degeneration, if you and Y/N can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted." Bruce says.

"Yeah, about that."

Bruce looks up at Tony, "No."

"You have to trust me." Tony smiles.

"Kinda don't."

"Our ally? The guy protecting the military's nuclear codes? I found him." Tony brings up the 3D image of Jarvis's consciousness.

"Hello, Dr. Banner. Miss Y/N." Jarvis says.

"Ultron didn't go after Jarvis cause he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do. So Jarvis went underground. Okay? Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there, until I pieced him together." Tony says to us.

"So, you want me to help you put Jarvis into this thing?"

"No, of course not! I want Y/N and I to help you put Jarvis in this thing. We're out of my field here. You know bio-organics better than anyone." Tony nods.

"And you just assume that Jarvis' operational matrix can beat Ultron's?" I ask.

"Jarvis has been beating him from inside without knowing it. This is the opportunity, we can create Ultron's perfect self, without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to." Tony nods.

"I believe it's worth a go." Jarvis says.

"No, I'm in a loop! I'm caught in a time loop, this is exactly where it all went wrong." Bruce shakes his head.

"I know, I know. I know what everyone's going to say, but they're already saying it. We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. You gotta own it. Make a stand. It's not a loop. It's the end of the line."

"Well if Jarvis thinks it will work then....I'm in." I nod.

"Thank you Ma'am."

For the rest of the night we work together, it was actually going alright.

"This framework is not compatible." I say.

"The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."

I turn to see Steve and the twins walking in, "I'm gonna say this once."

"How about nonce?" Tony asks.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony shrugs.

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce points.

Wanda steps forward, "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce nods.

Steve sighs, "Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yells.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda points.

"This isn't a game."

Wanda nods, "The creature-"

Pietro uses his speed to destroy the lab equipment. "No, no. Go on. You were saying?"

Clint shoots the glass Pietro is standing on and he falls through.
"Pietro!"

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony turns, Steve hurls his shield.

I back away as Bruce grabs Wanda....I wasn't sure what to do because they were both my friends.

The fighting stops as Thor slides inside and hops onto the cradle, summoning a huge lighting bolt and striking the cradle.

The cradle breaks open and the body floats out, he looks around at us and then suddenly lunges at Thor. Thor throws him out of the lab, all of us following.

Thor holds a hand up to stop us as the body turns to us. "I'm sorry, that was...odd. Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks:

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." He points to the gem inside the body's head:

Bruce looks up, "What, the gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor nods.

"Then why would you bring it to..."

"Because Stark is right." Thor turns to Tony.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce sighs:

Thor shakes his head, "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone."

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asks.

"We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new." I nod.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve sighs.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

"You're not?" Steve asks.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am."

Wanda steps forward, "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."

"Look again."

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint chuckles.

Thor points, "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asks.

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint crosses his arms.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

"You."

"Where?" I ask.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint nods at me.

Bruce steps up, "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" He looks around at us all, realizing we will destroy him. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He holds up Thor's hammer as everyone stares in shock. When Thor takes it, The Vision walks off.

"Right." Thor pats Tony on the shoulder. "Well done."

"Three minutes. Get what you need."