Coming Home

Children ran in the streets, shouting and chasing one another.

Adults hugged and kissed one another as confetti rained down from the skies.

Cheering was heard across the land.

"The war is over!" People cried. From the broken down to the healthy. From the peasants to the nobles. The message spread like wildfire, going from one happy town to the next.

News finally reached a small town by the countryside, on the border of the capital. People ran out of their houses and cried with joy and clung to one another.

But there was one person who did not participate in the celebration.

A young woman peeked out of her window, moving the curtains away to see the activities outside. People were dancing and singing loudly and exuberantly. She smiled at the scene and looked about, as if hoping to spot an expected face.

"(Name)! (Name)!" someone cried out. (Name) turned and smiled at her friend coming out if the crowd to greet her by the window.

"Hello Lili!" (Name) smiled at her young friend. "It's finally over now..."

"I know!" Lili gave her friend a closed-eye smile "And best of all, the soldiers are coming back!"

(Name's) heart skipped a beat at the news. They're coming back...

He's coming back.....

"Vash is coming back, (Name)!" Tears of joy were forming "Big brother is coming back!"

(Name) reached over and wiped Lili's tears away. "Gather up your tears, Lili. Save them for a time when you're really going to need them."

Lili nodded and ran back into the ever-celebrating crowd, joining hands with other children and dancing along with them, her dress moving around much like how a flag moves.

A white flag.

(Name) quickly pushed that thought out of her head and just smiled at the thought of tomorrow.

He's coming back, she thought.

Feliciano is coming back...