XXIV. DIAGON ALLEY

Start from the beginning

"Come on then," James grinned.

They picked up their books and left the store. Euphemia an Fleamont were still waiting outside and both were so happy to see Sirius.

The parents said hello's and goodbye's to them before leaving them to go on their own.

Jasmine hated to admit it, but she felt left out when she was with only Sirius and James. When she saw Lily and Marlene in Madam Malkin's Robes.

"Save me," Jasmine said, surprising Marlene and Lily. "I've been stuck with those two jack-asses for nearly half an hour."

"Jasmine!" Marlene said, hugging the brunette. "How was your summer?"

"Good," Jasmine responded. "James has done my head in. I wish you could've come round."

"I'm sorry," Marlene said. "Live too far away."

"Come on, let's go Florean Fortescue's and get away from Sirius and James," Lily suggested.

***

The whole day at Diagon Alley passed and not once did the three girls bump into that specific raven-haired boy. Not until the very last ten minutes.

"We're going down this way," Lily told Jasmine. "You going down or up to meet Effie?"

"Up," Jasmine groaned. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school."

She hugged Marlene and Lily, then started to walk up the other way. On her way, she passed Barty Crouch Jr, who gave her a smirk while walking by. She grinned at him, pleased with herself, since Regulus' friends started to like her.

She kept walking and waited for her parents outside of Ollivanders, exactly where they told her to wait.

Her heart sank when she saw Regulus walking past, and it sank deeper when she noticed him slowing down and walking back to her, even deeper when she realises she still loves him and longs for him back. But she didn't want to give in that easily.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?" he asked, sneaking a smile.

She couldn't help but smile back at him and mentally cursed herself for it.

"No," she said. "I'm not mad."

"Why were you avoiding me at Flourish and Blotts, then?" Regulus lifted his eyebrows. Jasmine bit her cheeks from the inside of her mouth and locked eye contact with him.

"I don't know. I guess it hurts to see you while we're not together," she said. "I'm — I think I see my parents, Regulus."

He turned around and looked for her parents, of course he didn't see them, because Jasmine lied about that.

"I don't see them," he said.

"Wrong people, I guess," she lied. "Look, I'm going down to Florean Fortescue's. You can tag along, we can catch up ..."

He nodded and flashed a huge smile.

As they walked down, Jasmine tried to start conversation, but she was awfully honest without meaning it.