Dancing for the Void

The Halloween Dance was nigh. The first part of it would be performances from local dance companies, and the latter half would be just a normal dance.

To say I was nervous would be understating it. I was the only boy in my dance company, and this was my school, whilst most other dance companies were from other schools. Hell, most of my dance company was not from my school. There were two other people from my school, both girls.

So here I was, the only boy in the boy's locker room, getting on my semi-tight tights. I checked to make sure whether my dick was bulging, as that is a consistent problem. I adjusted it. I heard a knock on the door. "One second!" I pulled on my orange and black shirt. "Come in."

The head of the studio, Julian, a guy in fact, thin and toned, walked in. "You ready, Alex?"

"Just about. What time are we going on?"

"6:10. It's 5:55 now."

"Okay, thank you."

"Aren't you lonely back here? The girls are done changing, you can go over."

"No, I'm not lonely."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Truth be told, I very much was. My mild depression was creeping up from the dark corners of my mind, and I was doing my best to beat it back with a stick.

But it was a monster, and I was a lowly dancer, so as Julian walked out through the locker room door, I got up and said: "I'll go over."

"I'm sure they'll be happy to see you."

I stifled a snort. They would not. But, whatever.

I grabbed my bag and followed Julian over to the girls locker room through the hallway. People were lined up outside, dressed in costumes, though with no masks, all waiting to get into the gym. I recognized many of them, and looked down as to not draw their taunts.

None came. Which both surprised and relieved me. My best friend, Jole and his girlfriend, Wendy saw me and waved. I smiled and waved back.

As the din of my gathered classmates faded behind me, another din rose in front of me. That of the girl's locker room, where every other dancer was gathered. I walked in and noticed each dance company was gathered amongst itself, like a bunch of pre-organized cliques. They were sitting with their bags, some on their phones and laughing at what their friends said.

Over in the back corner was a small group of dancers, dressed in all black with dark makeup circles surrounding their eyes, shooting glances of spite around them. I was confused, but to be honest, I didn't pay it much heed.

One of the girls in my dance company, Jayla, turned to me and waved. I waved back awkwardly and walked over. Everyone in my dance company sat in a circle, because they were like that. Not that I had a problem with it.

They opened the circle and I sat in it. Compared to my small city school, the dance company was white as hell. I was one of two Hispanic people in the company, and there were two black girls. The rest were white, many of them blonde. My school though, there were like twenty white kids in each grade of three hundred.

One girl, Lucy, glanced down at my crotch for a second, and I looked down real quick. My bulge was there, goddamnit. I sat down on the floor, putting my hands in my lap. She smiled. I blushed.

"So, how was it over there? Any other guys?" Lucy asked.

"Nope, just me. Julian suggested that I come over, so I did." I began to pop my fingers in all different ways.