13

Years ago

My mother and father came up with the idea to overthrow the kings and send in someone who would give us power.

I was only thirteen when they started to act upon their ideas the twins were each nine. My father wanted to train me farther my mother didn't like it but she allowed it.

I was fourteen when I had my first kill my father told me he was a bad man who betrayed his trust and put it all at risk. So I did what I was told desperate for my fathers praise.

I took my knife and I plunged it into the mans heart without any mercy I watched the life drain from his eyes, when I turned to my father there was nothing.

No praise not a single hint of approval I kept trying I did whatever he asked whenever I killed more than a grown man did in our little group.

I always succeeded but never got anything out of it, until one day. My father wanted me to kill the young prince Andre.

I watched him for weeks planning my course of action there was a small slot of time where Andre was always alone it was small but I could do it.

I climbed over the wall and I waited by a tree in the shadows for the women to leave him alone outside, for the guards on duty to start to talk not paying attention.

I took my knife out and quietly dropped to the ground unnoticed. I stood behind the prince he was reading a book completely unaware I was there.

I got closer but I messed up a twig snapped under my foot Andres eyes snapped up to mine. My heart was beating so fast.

Andres hand went to his side and I watched as a dagger appeared now he quickly jumped up.

"Where you trying to kill me?" He asked calmly.

"N-no." I stammered, no job has had me scared none so why was I trembling where I stand. Maybe because I expect Andre to be younger not older than me.

"A little young to be an assassin aren't you?"

"Aren't you a little old to be followed around by all the guards."

He shrugs and smiles. "I'm smart enough to let them do the dirty work." I stare at him confused when I feel someone grab me and throw me backwards.

I scream my back colliding with the ground. And then I see something I wasn't expecting to see my mom throws the guards off me I watch as he quickly stabs the one in the leg and he cry's out in pain.

Andre jumps in then when he sees I'm not alone he helps the guards fight off my mom I know I should've done something but I was frozen and when my mom looked at me she gave me a look pleading me to run.

I quickly jump up the wall but I didn't leave I refused she was fighting the guards and she was winning but she didn't see Andre behind her. I went to scream out to her to warn her but it was too late.

I scream as my mother's lifeless body drops to the ground. Andre turns towards me. Staring at me as tears ran down my face.

"Come back here again and it'll be you dead too."

My father was furious when he found out started drinking more became violent he won his revolution but lost his power.

Andre killed my mother and I was going to kill him.