Chapter I: The Start of Beginnings

I was born on December 2, 1922 in Munich, Germany. My father is a blacksmith while my mother is a housewife. When I was born my parents named me " Hans " meaning God is Gracious. I grew up in a middle class family. I was proficient in academics and I've always wanted to fly planes. I dreamed of it. Soaring through the clouds and feeling the breeze of air, it was a beautiful dream. Through my years I kept on hearing about this man named Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party. I heard his speeches on the radios and they are quite inspiring. And on March 1933 him and his was able to gain power. And 2 months before he was also made chancellor of Germany. And when he said he can make our lives better he made it true. My dad had a hard time during the economic crisis of 1923 but when Hitler and his party gained power it made our lives better. But their are somethings I don't agree with him also. Such as him blaming and branding Jews. I don't agree with that because I'm a Catholic. It goes against my beliefs. So personally I have different opinions on him. When I turned 18 I was able to fulfill my dreams of flying because I joined the Luftwaffe and I was accepted to attend pilot training. Which was exciting for me as it was my first time flying a plane. After training for maybe almost a year I receive my wings and I was able to become a Leutnant ( Lieutenant in English ). Which is a officer rank. For the plane, I will fly a Ju-87 " Stuka " Dive Bomber and I was assigned to my first unit the Sturzkampfgeschwader 2 ( I./StG 2 ), our wing's insignia is a shield with a cross in the middle. I'm excited for the future and what my future can hold.