𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦 ❀

Start from the beginning

Scanning the crowd, he felt himself slightly shaking. Hailey was right, there were a lot of people here... A lot more than he remembered... His eyes suddenly landed on a pair of familiar hickory ones. Seeing Drew's gentle smile, Zander calmed himself, clearing his throat. "Um, hello-" He immediately stopped, hearing the piercing sound echo across the large room. Many people covered their ears at the sound, "Oh, sorry!" Zander stuttered, awkwardly chuckling.

"Um..." He pulled the cards he had written on from his back pocket, staring down at them, "So- uh-" He stopped mid-sentence. A silence filled the air, one that was clearly uncomfortable for everyone. Zander glanced back up at Drew, seeing the kindness and love they held. Slowly, he put the cards back into his pocket once more.

"Love," He began, still staring into his lover's eyes, "Love is truly a gift. It's having someone by your side, a shoulder to cry on, someone who you'll carry with you forever. Someone you can see your future with, a person you can't wait to spend your life with. Sometimes it's the people you least expect to be the one..." He felt a small smile tugging at his lips, "Love is two people, destined to be together. Made for each other," Snapping out of his trance, he pulled away from Drew's gaze, back to the crowd, "And ladies and gentlemen, I assure you," He took a moment to look at his steps-sister and childhood friend, now brother-in-law, "Hailey Austin and Luke Peterson were made for each other." 

The crowd erupted into cheers, claps, and awes. Zander and Drew exchanged a quick smile, before Zander gave the microphone back to Sean, sitting back down next to his sister. Leaning back, he made eye contact with Jake, mouthing "Beat that." 

"Alright, everyone! How about we start eating?" Sean exclaimed as the crowd stood up from their seats, beginning to walk to the dining hall. 

"Those speeches were amazing, both of you!" Luke beamed, speaking to Jake and Zander.

"Yeah, I don't know what you were so worried about, Zander, I mean, your speech had me in tears," Hailey uttered, before nudging her husband, "I heard this one sniffling quite a bit, too." 

Luke laughed at his wife, before standing up from his seat, "Well, how about we go eat?" He suggested. 

The other three agreed, and while Jake, Luke, and Hailey disappeared into the crowd, Zander went to search for his boyfriend. 

"Boo." Feeling a light tap on his shoulder, the periwinkle-eyed man turned around, breaking into a smile.

"Hey," He murmured, grabbing Drew's hand, as the two began to walk towards the dining hall, with everyone else. 

"Your hand is really sweaty," Drew pointed out, "Were you nervous?" 

"Obviously I was!" Zander exclaimed, lightly smacking the magenta-haired boy with his free hand.

He laughed in response before apologizing, "Yeah, sorry! But, that wasn't the speech you wrote, what happened to that?" He titled his head in curiosity, his hair tousling over his eyes.  

"Oh," Zander lightly exclaimed, his cheeks flushing as a shy smile crossed his expression, "Well, the speech I prepared was super boring and stuff, and I made that bet with Jake on who could make the better best man speech," He explained, "I really didn't wanna lose, and then, looking into your eyes, I just..." He paused, halting his movement, causing Drew to stop walking as well, "I just said how I feel when I'm with you..." He murmured, turning his head away.

"Aw~" Drew teased, leaning forward and passionately pecking his lover's cheek. 

"Oh, shut up," Zander giggled, lightly pushing Drew away from him, still clutching his hand, lightly swinging their arms.