Mission #18: After Willa's Death

Things in Purgatory are worse than before. There are more monsters, more revenants, and more doubts in Nicole's mind. She doesn't doubt what she feels for Waverly. She's completely sure about that, but she doesn't feel like this separation between Earp World and the rest of Purgatory is helping anybody out. Waverly calls Nicole. She feels a bit numb. A few days ago she found out her sister was alive and yesterday Wynonna had to kill her to save Purgatory. She wants to feel something and the only one putting a smile on her face is her girlfriend. They decide to video chat, wanting to see how the other is doing.

WE: "You okay?" Nicole looks a little spooked. She shakes her head.

NH: "Y-yeah. I'm still sore, but it's just a bruise. I'm fine." She asks with concern in her voice "Waves, are you okay?" She had to think about it, but she answered dismissively

WE: "Y-yeah, of course, I am." She sounds completely unsure. "Wynonna shot that big ugly thing before it had time to do any real damage to Purgatory." She scratches her head and sighs. She gives Nicole a little smile. "Anyways, how's my baby really feeling? I got something that will make you feel better."

NH, smirking: "Oh, well I like the sound of that." They both laugh a little.

WE: "Come over?" Nicole doesn't even hesitate. She has been missing Waverly even though she saw her like a day ago.

NH: "Yeah, ok. I'll be right over." They wave goodbye and Nicole rushes to the homestead.

They kiss and hug for a long time feeling safe in each other's arms. Waverly tries not to hold her too tight, trying not to hurt her more.

WE: "How's your bruise? Did you put some cream on it to lower the swelling?"

NH, smiling, "I kind of forgot to. Usually, they just go away after a few days." Waverly drags Nicole to the kitchen and makes her sit at the table.

WE: "Stay. I'm getting the cream. I can't have you all bruised up saving the town." Nicole laughs and kisses her head.

NH: "Ok, ok. I would like to meet nurse, Waverly." Waverly touches her cheek lightly trying to seduce Nicole.

WE: "Well, if you behave, maybe nurse Waverly can help you feel much better." She walks away to look for the cream that was on her night table and sways her hips knowing perfectly well that Nicole was watching her.

They haven't talked about sex. There have been a few times where the setting seemed right, but Wynonna came in or Nicole, being a gentlewoman, stopped herself before going too far. Waverly has wondered if Nicole didn't find her attractive enough or if she would stop being so gentle and just rip off her clothes and have her way with her. Nicole has had these same thoughts about Waverly, but she will not rush Waverly into anything. She wants to plan it, and make everything perfect for the woman who has taken over her heart. Lost in her thoughts, Nicole doesn't see that Waverly has come into the room. She chuckles and Waverly raises her eyebrow.

WE: "What's so funny?" Nicole just looks her up and down.

NH: "Oh, nothing" Waverly lifted Nicole's sweater and started putting on cream. "Have you found any other creatures that came into Purgatory?" She was so lost in her girlfriend's abs and flat stomach that she forgot Nicole had asked her a question.

WE: "Huh? Oh, I have no idea. We are still searching." Nicole notices Waverly is drooling over her body and she flexes her abs. "My poor brave baby." Nicole chuckles shyly.

NH: "We sure do a lot of patching each other up these days huh?" Waverly looks up at Nicole, desire in her eyes.

WE: "When there are so many other things that we should be doing." Waverly pulls Nicole close and kisses her intently. Waverly lifts Nicole's sweater but touches her bruise accidentally.

NH, winces: "Ahh, still tender." Waverly looks at her apologetically. "Hey, Waves." Waverly verifies if she did any more damage to the wound.

WE: "What?" Nicole can tell something is a bit different in Waverly's demeanor.

NH: "You taste...um different."  Waverly touches her lips. With perfect timing, Doc walks in and looks away.

DH: "Ahem, I'm just here for the sweet tea. I am in the kitchen. I am now in the kitchen."

Waverly laughs and moves closer to Doc.

WE: "When did you become such a prude huh? Didn't you own a brothel?" Nicole can tell that something is different about Waverly, but she doesn't push. Doc grabs a bottle of iced tea from the fridge.

DH: "It was a bordello and it is called being a gentleman." Nicole joins in on their conversation.

NH: "Well, I appreciate it, Henry." Nicole takes advantage of the interruption and starts leaving. "I'm gonna go. Feed the cat. I'll see you later." Nicole walks out and gets into the cruiser. Meanwhile, Doc and Waves talk about them.

DH: "She's a lovely girl." Doc sits down at the table.

WE: "Yeah, which makes me the luckiest." Doc looks at Waverly with concern.

DH: "What about the rest of it? How are you holding up?" Waverly is avoiding her take on things.

WE: "You know I don't think Wynonna has even sat down since... I'm worried about her."

DH: "As am I, but I was asking particularly about yourself, Waverly. Willa was your sister too." Frustrated and tired of being asked the same thing again and again.

WE: "I feel fine. Actually, I feel strong." Doc knows the Earp women are known for being able to handle a lot.

DH: "Well good. That's good. And we both know Wynonna can handle herself." For some reason, Waverly isn't feeling the loss of her sister as strongly as Wynonna. She suspects it's because of how Willa treated her, but she can't explain it. Waverly hasn't talked much about Willa's death. She seems kind of cold about it, maybe numb. Nicole has been noticing the difference since Willa was killed and she starts suspecting something is wrong but dismisses it.
NH: 'Not everybody copes in the same way. Maybe this is Waverly's way', Nicole thought while she headed home.