Chapter 3: Strange but better

Start from the beginning

"She always does."

"Like I was a stranger."

Although he did not show it, Ashton was surprised to hear it from Zach. It must be really strange for Avy to act that way, after all, Zach Harrington...

... is someone important to her.

~~~

Avy was awed, mentally taking notes of her surroundings while looking around the path that looked like it leads to some kind of enormous garden where her feet took her. The estate sure was enormous, considering the fact that she does not even know where she was.

It has been an hour since she started walking around, it was indeed like those medieval settings in movies. The only difference is it was much more normal than how she expected the house of a bad character should be.

She thought it would look literally like hell and it would be dark everywhere since their attribute is fire. It seems like she was mistaken. She continued to walk when a sudden loud explosion that slightly shook the ground caused her to lose her balance and fall on her butt.

What the heck was that?

She winced in pain, looking far ahead of where the loud sound came from. She stood up and brushed the dirt on her dress before walking towards the straight path.

As she got close to the source of the loud explosion, she started hearing the voice of the servants that sounded like they were begging someone.

"Young Master, please s-stop this at once or you might hurt yourself."

"Y-your highness, this level of sparring is not something both of you should be doing."

Another explosion was heard followed by the spontaneous screams from the servants. Avy quicken her pace when she saw a wooden door at the end of the path, she kicked it open without hesitation and almost dropped on her knees when a ball of combined fire and blue lightning greeted her. She closed her eyes shut, waiting for it to hit her face but it didn't.

She opened her eyes and saw bits of it left, lingering across a glass-like transparent wall before her.

"Holy..." she was speechless. It was not a surprise that she will encounter magic in that world since it was written in the novel. But she never expected that she would witness it as soon as she stepped out of the mansion.

That was freaking awesome... she poked the barrier with her forefinger and felt a slight tingling sensation when it went through it.

"OH MY GOODNESS, YOUNG MASTER!!"

Her little fascination was interrupted when another scream was heard. She quickly remembered the reason why she came in the first place and cocked her head in the direction of the voice.

That was when she noticed two figures standing in the middle of the vast space inside. They are standing on a flattened surface covered in grass and most of it was already caught on fire while the two figures had their hands on top of their knees in exhaustion.

The other one was her younger brother, Ciel, while the other was someone familiar but she does not know. A boy in Ciel's age with snow-white hair.

"M-my lady!" she heard someone say and saw a maid approaching her in a hurry.

"What?" she asked, side eyeing her with a brow raised.

"Please stop the young master. H-he does not listen to us," the maid stammered, unable to look at her straight in the eye.

"Why should I?" Avy turned, talking to the servant in a cocky manner.

"I-I beg of you, my lady. The young master might injure himself." the maid lowered her head more.