April pursed her lips, not answering. She'd been ignoring the thought of the quest because it was too much to think about. In her head, it was just something that she would get over with, and then go back to her normal life.

But she knew that it was actually something dangerous, not just for the chance of being executed by the gods, but for the chance of dying along the way. That was the whole point of it after all. For the gods to get rid of her without actually touching her.

Thinking about it that way, how could she even bring anyone along with her? That would be like giving them a free pass to suffering and death. Ideally, she'd obviously want Jisung, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin to be with her every step of the way, but realistically, she didn't want to put them in harm's way.

"I see you're still thinking," Prometheus said, "If you have anybody in mind, talk with them before you make any sort of decision. You might be surprised by what they have to say."

"Okay?" April said, not quite understanding.

"May I make a suggestion?" Prometheus asked.

April nodded as he looked back at her. She needed help, and his was always gratefully received.

"Zhong Chenle," he said, April choking on her own breath.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't always gratefully received.

"With all due respect," she said, after coughing for a bit. "Why him?"

"Oh," he said, raising his brows. "I thought you two got along since he came with you to see the gods."

"I didn't ask him to," April said, "He just tagged along without permission. If anything, I wish he would've stayed with the gods and lived in eternal fear-"

"That's...nice," Prometheus said, cutting her off before she went into more graphic details. "But you should think about it."

"Why?"

"His mother represents mirth, you know," Prometheus explained, "which is joy from laughter. His mother is also one of the three graces of Olympus, so she's very beautiful and influential. One of his natural skills will be persuasion and deception. It's very handy to have someone like that with you on a quest. It's pretty much a necessity, actually."

"I see," April said, "That does make sense."

"Anyway," Prometheus said, chuckling a bit at her negative attitude about the whole thing, "we're here."

April's eyes widened as she saw what was in front of her. The forest opened up into a wide clearing, targets printed into tree like dartboards, except much bigger. The trees went in a circle around the clearing, and a wooden bow sat in the center of the grass, a container of arrows perched right next to it.

"How did this even get here?" April asked, walking over and picking up the bow.

It was made of wood, but completely solid and not with a single splinter. The surface was smooth and seemed to fit right into April's hands when she picked it up, sending a comfortably familiar warmth bursting through her fingertips.

She traced over the top, her fingers catching on a small sun carved into the middle, the area where she would usually notch the arrow. She wasn't sure how she knew that either, the information just popped into her mind.

"Your father," Prometheus said, simply.

"Huh?"

"Your father left it here for you earlier," he explained, "Or, more specifically, he had some young satyrs carry it down here and clean up this area for you, but the thought is there."

April clenched her fingers around the bow tighter, now recognizing where the warmth came from. The sun seemed to shine a bit brighter in that one moment.

"Now," Prometheus said, clapping her on the back. "Shall we get to work?"

"Work?" she questioned.

Prometheus just smiled.

The ending isn't supposed to be so cryptic but I thought it would be funny to just leave it like that