Chapter 2| Zoe

We had run. I also had cut my arm open so bad that I couldn't stop the bleeding. Carnie and I were just catching our breath when we heard a stick snap. 2 boys who looked identical with messy black hair stood behind us. 1 had lime green eyes and the other had bright blue eyes. My eyes widened, and I backed up close to the water edge.

"You need to leave," Carnie said calmly to the boys.

“No can do, humans,” The boy with lime green eyes said. I was starting to feel a little dizzy. I hid my arm from the 2 boys, not knowing who they were or what they were.

"Go, now."

“Carnie, s-stop,” I said, putting my hand over my face. 

“Blood,” The boy with lime green eyes muttered. She looked back at me and then at the arm I had cut.

"Shit." Carnie looked at the boys. "Do either of you have a cloth or anything?"

“I'm fine, Carnie,” I whispered.

"You're not fine," she replied.

"If you both come with us then we can help you. Get that cleaned up, give you food, whatever you need," the bright blue eyed boy said.

“I said I'm fine,” I snapped.

“Snap at us again and I’ll make sure the vampires eat you,” The lime green eyed boy hissed.

"You have the right to do no such thing, asshole," Carnie said.

“I'm prince Caleb of the supernaturals. If you wish to die I’ll make it painful,” the lime green eye boy, Caleb, said.

"So that's why you 2 look so familiar. So then that's Ethan," Carnie said.

"Prince Ethan," the blue eyed boy snapped. My arm had so much blood on it it looked black.

“Oh shit,” I muttered under my breath as I lost my balance. Carnie caught me before I fell. 

"Can't you see we have more important matters to deal with?" She asked.

“We will give you food, shelter and anything you want including your friend to live. If you both agree to be our princess and you listen and obey us,” Caleb said.

"We can handle food, shelter, and all that stuff. So you're insane and we can take care of ourselves." She looked at me. "Think you'll make it to the town?" Carnie asked.

“Your friend cut her arm on one of our poison trees. She won't last another day unless Ethan takes care of that wound.” 

"And unless you agree then I shall do no such thing," Ethan said.

"Why would you want us as your princesses?"

“So no other supernatural kills you. Plus you would be good wives to have,” Caleb said. She just rolled her eyes. “You both will run a trial and we see which one of us gets one of you. Do we have a deal or will you like your friend die?”

“Don't do it,” I whispered.

"I won't. I don't trust them, and whatever we do we do it together," she whispered back.

“She will die in 3 hours. Have fun,” Caleb said and turned around.

"Let me see your arm so I can check if it's actually poisoned or not."

“If it wasn't it would have stopped bleeding!” Caleb hollered as I showed her my arm. She looked at it and then looked away.

"It is. Shit," Carnie said.

“Then agree to it,” I muttered.

"Yeah. Deal!"

“Ethan, pick up the girl that is bleeding. Other stubborn girl, get up here,” Caleb said. Ethan came over to me and picked me up. He was walking beside Caleb now, and Carnie followed. I had blacked out.

No idea how many hours later

I woke up on a giant bed in a giant room. I still had my clothes on luckily, and my arm was bandaged up. I sighed and got out of the bed. I heard a door open and saw it was the bathroom door. I wonder why everything in the room was red and black. I stared at everything when I heard a throat clearing. I jumped and spun around to come face to chest with Ethan. I blushed but hid it by looking down. 

"Feel better?" He asked.

“Um….yeah?” I said, it sounding more like a question than a statement.

"Well poison is gone."

“Thanks. Is this your room?” I finally looked up into his bright blue eyes.

"Yes."

“Sorry then.” 

"Just shut up and come with me."

“Why?” I snapped.

"The trail. Snap at me again and see what happens," he hissed.

“I'm not yours. I could be Caleb's for all we know,” I shouted and pushed him away and walked out the big doors, regretting pushing him. I walked back in. “Where the hell is my bow and arrows?”

"Somewhere you can't get to them right now."

“I want them,” I hissed.

"Well you're going to have to wait a while if I get you with your bad fucking additude."

“Give me my bow and arrows, Ethan.” He slapped me across the face.

"1. You have to wait. 2. Get rid of the attitude because neither Caleb or I will tolerate it. 3. Prince Ethan."

“WHAT A LOUSY PRINCE YOU ARE!” I yelled and pinned him to the floor. He quickly flipped us over so I was on bottom.

"Sorry, human, but you can't win against me." I squirmed and tried to get out from under him.

“I have a fucking name, you retarded bull head.” He slapped me again.

"Then tell me what it is."

“Nope.” I tried kicking him off. 

"Then I'll keep calling you human."

“Get off of me before I go full blown psycho on your ass,” I hissed.

"I could kill you before you even have time to blink. Do. Not. Piss. Me. Off. Or you will regret it, especially if I end up getting you."

“Yeah good luck.” I kicked him off.

"Whatever. This will only be more fun for me once you realize you're in the wrong world to be testing people," Ethan said, amusement in his voice. Caleb walked through the door.

“So the girl did the trial and she's mine, so this one is yours.” WIth that he shut the door, and I froze. “OH SET SOME GROUND RULES TO!” Caleb yelled.

"Yep. Ground rules. We'll keep it simple. You do anything that involves a bad attitude like rolling your eyes or saying something that goes against what I say and you'll regret it. Punishment depends on my mood and what you did exactly. If you do or say anything I don't like, I'll kick your ass," Ethan said. I ran out of the room. 

“Shit. Shit. Shit!” I shouted and ran down the stairs as footsteps followed me. The footsteps stopped, and Ethan appeared in front of me. He grabbed me by my short blond hair with red streaks in it and dragged me back upstairs. I kicked him in the arm so hard and ran into the room and under the bed. I started remembering when my brother did this to me a lot harder and a lot worse than Ethan. I watched footsteps approach the bed and my breath hitched in my throat as tears blurred my vision. 

"I'll give you 5 seconds to get out from under there. 5…." Ethan said. I didn't move. "4… 3…." I got out and my back was facing him with my head down. "Don't disobey and you won't get hurt. Now, what is your name?"

“Zoe,” I choked out as tears released themselves on my cheeks. Thank god he can't see my face and only my back.

"Dinner will be ready soon." I heard him walk out.

“I'm not hungry,” I muttered and hid in the bathroom till dinner. When it came, I wiped my face and walked downstairs, sitting on the bottom stairs.