Chapter 8- First Date

Start from the beginning

"I said it'd come in use." Rocket said to himself. He laid it down on his bed and straightened it out. And then it hit him.

"I gotta cook up somethin'!" He quickly ran out of the room and to the kitchen. He pulled open a drawer and pulled out a cook book Peter had. He frantically flipped through the pages until he found one.

"'Steak Delight' sounds perfect." Rocket said, quickly going to the fridge. He found the steaks, but at the top rack in the back. He grumbled something and stepped inside of the fridge, still not reaching it.

He let out an annoyed sigh and went to find a stool. When he came back he saw Gamora taking out the steaks.

"Hey, what're you doin'?!" Rocket yelled, putting the stool down and walking over to her.

"Getting steak to eat." Gamora said.

"But I need it!" Rocket said, trying to reach for the bag.

"For what?" She asked again.

"A DATE! I need them for a date!" He couldn't believe he just said that. He thought of what would happen next from his weird pleading action.

Gamora just whipped the bag away from him. "Who would care for such a silly ritual! It's just like eating with only two people!" She stormed out of the room in disgust, leaving Rocket in sadness and failure of showing care to his one true love.

"Okay..." Gamora said, handing the bag to him. Rocket just stared in shocked confusion as it laid before him in his hands.

"What?" He just stared at the bag and Gamora, confused of what just happened.

"You can have it." She said. "I know this is important to you."

"How'd you know?" He quickly turned angry and bared his teeth a little.

"An assassin must be very observant of his or her's surroundings and enemy. Also, I heard and saw the entire thing before and after Lianna left." She said.

"So, you know it's for ,Lianna?" He asked, his ears going back in embarrassment.

"Yes."

"Would you help me?"

A silence fell upon them. "Sure."

Rocket looked at her with glee and gestured her to take the bag. He ran over and grabbed the stool, putting it by the counter ledge. He picked up the book and laid it on the counter.

"Okay... Do you know where the herbs are?" Rocket asked, earning a little giggle from Gamora as she reached for the cabinet with spices.

-Time Skip-

"Easy putting it down, Groot." Rocket said, gesturing his hands for him to carefully set the picnic table down.

"I am Groot? (Why do you want the picnic table up here anyway)" Groot asked, setting the table down on the ground.

"For a good reason." Rocket said, grabbing the red table-cloth he brought up. He flung the cloth over the table top and straightened it.

"This is the perfect place for it." He whispered to himself, putting his hands on his hips.

He planned on setting the date back on the hill by the tree, where the view of the city will be their background during tonight.

A blinking sound caught Rocket's attention and he saw it coming from his communicator. It was Gamora. He quickly put the communicator back and ran downhill to the ship, Groot watching him in confusion.

Rocket ran up the ramp, greeted by a delicious smell of meat and sauce.

"The foods comin' together well." Gamora said, stirring a pan with sauce. Rocket went over to Gamora and stood on the stool, dipping a finger-tip into the pan. He taste tested the sauce, delighted by the mild and spicy taste.