13. pumpkins scream in the dead of night

Start from the beginning

    "What's that supposed to mean?!" Everleigh whines, offended.

     "Anyways," The other girl dismisses Everleigh's question, "If my mom asks anything, you just have to play along and say you'll look after my house."

     "Lydia!"

    "What?" She asks dumbfounded, "All you have to do is lie. That's it."

    "You could've just not said anything and thrown a party anyways and got rid of any evidence that there was a party." Everleigh points out.

     Lydia opens and closes her mouth like a fish out of water, "That... that could've worked as well." Before Everleigh could've said anything, she puts a finger up and leans in closer, "What if my mom has secret cameras around?"

     Everleigh copies Lydia and leans in, whispering back, "Then you know your mom has watched Spy Kids."

     Lydia rolls her eyes and stands up, "You're not helping."

━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━

    Things have been going great in Everleigh's life, it seemed if universe was treating her a little bit. Nice things happened all the time: her friendships getting stronger, her relationships with everyone on that matter in Stars Hollow was blossoming. People seemed to actually be really fond of the teen — She wasn't used to it.

     It was strange, even Jess appeared to actually be fond of her and willingly would spend time with the girl. People noticed that, of course they would. Nothing goes unnoticed in Stars Hollow. Lydia found it amusing, Dean found it odd, even Luke wasn't used to it, her boyfriend... her boyfriend was getting really bothered.

     Her dad didn't notice any of it, which she wasn't surprised about. He was in his honeymoon phase: Lorelai this, Lorelai that, Lorelai blah blah blah. But she didn't mind it. She was fond of Lorelai and her dad actually seemed happy and stress free. So she let him be.

     Like she said: things have been going great in every department.

     Blaze and Everleigh were better than ever. Since the whole fiasco in Chilton and Rory, he would not apologise enough. To the point where she would get annoyed but she would reassure him that they were okay. She still loved him and wanted to be with him. He even went as far as give her a small surprise like every week. She appreciated his effort. Even before he went away with his family for a few days he surprised her with a romantic picnic date.

     It would also explain as of why, she marched into Luke's apartment like it was her own place and searched for the all too familiar face. Only to find him resting in Luke's bed, watching TV.

     "Jess." She says as she sits on the bed crisscrossed, next to him.

     "That's my name." His eyes don't leave the screen.

     "Can I ask you a question?"

     "You just did," he retorts back. She groans, grabbing the remote from his hands and switching the TV off. "Hey! I was watching that."

     Ignoring the comment, she carries on, "I'll ask another one then."

     "No." He sits up straight, trying to grab the remote back, "Now give me the remote back."