10

"Quit your whining! We're almost there." Lord Heisenberg's distant accent alerts the rest of the lords and myself. His chuckles echoing through the cave-like hallway.

"What have you brought, Heisenberg." Lady Miranda stays in her same spot, only this time, getting up from her chair. Lady Angie and Lord Moreau go to inspect the knocked out body.

"The infamous father of Rose." His condescending voice directed towards the man. "It's up to you Mother Miranda." He drops the chain he used to drag the poor man here, and returns to his seat, resting his head on his propped up arm.

The man looks young, he had both his wrists bound together in some sort of metal trap.

"I'd be glad to take care of him, the man is of no real use to anyone else. And my daughters do so love entertaining foreigners." Lady Dimitrescu is the first to act upon the male while Lady Angie approaches the man after noticing his slight movement, giggling and staring.

"Furthermore, I can assure you if you entrust the mortal to House Dimitrescu, my daughters and I will deliver to you the finest cups of his slaughtered blood."

"Out of the way, ugly! I want to see--oh!" Lady Angie speaks, pushing at Lord Moreau, and getting a closer view.

"You--you me-ean." Lord Moreau speaks, pitiful thing. He seems upset, a frown-like expression is morphed onto his face, and he backs up and makes his way towards Lady Miranda.

"He's awaa-aake!" Lady Angie is a giggling mess, she turns towards us right as Lord Heisenberg yells at them. She runs towards us. "I saw him--Oh! Ooh-- He's awake!" The man is mumbling slightly and Lady Dimitrescu and Lord Heisenberg start at it again. As Donna and Lady Angie were conversing quietly, I rest my hands on Donna's shoulders. I hate when she wears her veil.

Again, Lord Heisenberg and Lady Dimitrescu argue; the man awakens more and more, now fully conscious. His eyes wandering between the lords; then, they meet mine. I'm sure he'll be dead by the end of this meeting, my eyes narrowing into a glare.

"I've heard all your arguments. Some of you were less persuasive than others but, I've made my decision" Lady Miranda points towards Lord Heisenberg, "Heisenberg. The man's fate is in your hands." This sparks something in Lady Dimitrescu, she stands in an angry rush, trying to convince Lady Miranda. Lord Heisenberg also stands as well, in order to disagree with the tall woman.

"Ooh--fight, fight, fight!" The group erupts into argument.

"Silence!" Mother Miranda reprimands the union, "I advise you to follow my orders, do not forget from whence you came." Lycans start swarming the area, making Donna more tense than she was from earlier.

"Thank you." Lord Heisenberg's snarky remark makes Lady Dimitrescu scowl.

"Lycans and gentlemen! We thank you for waiting! And now, let the games begin!" Lord Heisenberg's voice rings out, signaling our leave, and signaling the man's death.

The other lords and I take our leave, "You should join me tonight, maid, that idiot brother of mine, Heisenberg, has left me famished." Lady Dimitrescu grabs my shoulders, bringing it to her torso, bending down and inhaling my scent.

"Beneviento wouldn't mind it, would she? I've missed my head maid, no other ones could compare--that's why, they're all dead." She smirks, her head moving to my neck for another whiff.

"I'm not sure Lady Dimitrescu, I've got more chores back at House Beneviento, I have yet to finish." Donna turns away from us and continues walking.

"Back off, Dimitrescu! That's our maid now. Don't forget--you gave it to us. Hurry it up, maid. I hate waiting." Lady Angie follows after Donna, leaving me with Lady Dimitrescu.

--

When we arrived back, Donna was silent. Lady Angie, of course, was complaining and demanding for food.

"Donna? What's the matter?" I ask, I noticed she was completely silent, and she hadn't removed her veil yet. I put my hands around her waist, and lean my head on her shoulders, no reaction.

"Donna, answer me?" I mutter, my mouth directly next to her veiled ear. Nothing.

"Hey, what's going on?" I say softly, I spin her around and start pulling off her veil. She grabs my wrists and try to push them off.

"Come on Donna! What's wrong!" I struggle, she keeps her hold on my wrist, only sound of her grunting and my yelling filled the room.

I push at her shoulder to try and loosen her grip on my wrists. "Donna, stop!" The struggle continues until I have a stable hold on her shoulders; then, I push her forcefully up against the top of the dining table. 

"Stop it." I say sternly, I use a hand and grab both her wrists away from her veiled face, and she let out a choked sob.

Donna?

"Donna?" I freeze, my hold on her gets softer. My other hand makes a grab for her veil, and as a last attempt she turns her head away.

She's not struggling anymore, I let go of both her wrists and turn her face towards me. I remove her veil.

She was pouting the most adorable look, her eyes were all teared up. Even though her head was faced towards me, her eyes were averted. I grab at her face and use my fingers to wipe away any tears.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" Her eyes meet mine for a second, before she turns her head away.

"..yo-you were thinking of leaving me." What?

"Why would I think that?"

"You and Dimitrescu were together, a-and you were ge-getting close, I-I didn't like tha-that." Frustrated tears were now freely flowing out of her eyes and onto the table. Her pout grew larger when she tried to hold back the tears, and her eyebrows were furrowed. 

I sigh, then smile. She was jealous over me.

"Of course not, Donna: she and I are former master and maid, nothing else." I rub her cheek with my thumb with an endearing smile. She's such a doll.

"You stupid imbecile maid, I told you to keep your grimy hands off Donna!"

--

"Do not worry, Heisenberg has Ethan Winters handled." Donna was close to finishing dinner, as was I.

"He's no joke when it comes to what he wants— none of them are." Lady Angie giggles.

"I'm—I'm just worried, I mean—there's nothing greater than a father's love, besides the mother's. Ethan Winters has a set goal, he'd go thro-"

"Heisenberg is the strongest amongst us all, he'll take care of Ethan, you shouldn't worry yourself." Donna interrupts me and grabs my hand. Her eyes slightly puffy from earlier, but nothing else was out of the usual.

After lunch earlier, I apologized to Donna for the misinterpretation of what had happened between Lady Dimitrescu and I. Lady Angie was not happy though, seeing Donna pinned down on the dining table.

"I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning, we are low on food for this month." Donna's head rested on my shoulder when she finished her meal. She was tracing light patterns on my arm as I ate.

She isn't like this normally—maybe Lady Dimitrescu pulled at her strings a bit.