Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Because then you wouldn't have met Adrian. I know but it's just so much you went through. What happen to me is nothing compared to what mom did to you."

"Hey stop it. It is not your fault nor will it ever be your fault. Sometimes we have to suffer in order to get the true happiness we deserve. I wouldn't change what I went through, not if it meant I would have to give up Adrian. Let's just put all this ugliness behind us and move on with our life." I pull her closer to hug her. "We can only move forward and enjoy our life now; there isn't anyone around to ruin our life anymore. I don't know about you but I have a beautiful boyfriend I am going to spend the rest of my life with."

"So he is the one, the first boy you date and you just know he is the one?"

"He is the one. I can't imagine my life without him."

"Good. I'm happy you found the love of your life. Are you going to tell me how you got so injured?" Holly asks as she points to my shoulder.

"I got shot twice while protecting Adrian; one in the shoulder and one in my abdomen. If you want to know what caused it that is something you're going to have to ask Adrian. It's really his story to tell." I'm not sure if he would want me to tell her the story. I know how guilty he feels that all this happened to me but like I told him I would do it again if I had to.

"Okay, lets go back then. I want to get to know my brother-in-law better."

I smile just hearing her call Adrian that makes me happy, because when the time comes to ask him, I really hope he says yes.

Adrian's POV

They have been gone for a while now, I wonder what they are talking about. I turn my attention back to Craig and Emmy; they are talking about the wedding. I am happy for them and that I finally got to find out who Emmy's long lost true love is. I'm glad she got him back. She really does look happy.

"So Adrian or should I call you son? From the way Jesse talks about you, he is determined to make you his husband in the future." Craig asks.

I laugh Jesse is something else, but I love him and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

"If you call me son, can I call you dad?"

"Well sure you can, we might as well start now, because from the looks of it, we are all going to be stuck with each other. So son, how are you doing? I know all this is a lot to take in."

"I'm fine and I'm just happy everything is finally working out for all of you. I know how much it was hurting Jesse not knowing what had happened to Holly. I'm glad that she is back and everyone can move on with their life."

"Yeah this family is in a need of moving on from the past and looking forward to the future." Emmy adds as the door opens and Jesse and Holly walk back into the room.

"Um, Adrian do you mind taking a walk with me? I would like to get to know you better." Holly asks as she stands by the door.

"Yeah sure," I get up and walk past Jesse.

He just smiles at me as I join Holly. She closes the door behind us and we walk down the hallway in silence for a while. It makes me nervous because Holly is one of the people Jesse loves and her opinion about me really matters. If she doesn't like me, how will that affect things between me and Jesse?

"So Jay said if I want to know what caused him to get shot twice I would have to ask you, because it's your story to tell."

I had a feeling that was going to come up sooner or later, but I want to tell her. She has a right to know. "Well how about we sit down, it's a long story. I want to tell you everything, from when I first met your brother to how he ended up getting shot because of me."